The Smashing Pumpkins - Machina II Bootleg

1 minute ago, armadillo01 said:

How so? I'm intrigued... Does the same apply to regular Machina?

I don't know the specifics but after the the rights switched hands during the reissue campaign, the Machina/Machina II reissue was put on the back burner.  There are some interviews were Billy touches on it but nothing in great detail.

The deal for the reissues going back to 2010 or whenever it was was with EMI. That was for 8 reissues (Gish through Machina plus Rotten Apples). EMI was sold to Universal (?), and I'm sure the terms of contact were nullified after a point.

It would make sense Universal would stick with it through their popular albums and say screw it to an album that was half a bomb -  sales wise, and half given away for free.  On top of that Billy wants to spend more time recording and adding new stuff to the album, rather than just compiling and remastering it. 

Edited by timsimmons

I've got this bootleg, purchased from a store in France online & shipped to the UK with no problems but they don't have it in stock anymore. Nice quality.

https://www.discobuzz.fr/en/smashing-pumpkins/7606-the-smashing-pumpkins-machina-ii-the-friends-enemies-of-modern-music-boxset-collector-vinyl-4lp-.html

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smashing-Pumpkins-Machina-II-The-Friends-Enemies-Of-Modern-Music/release/8625089

Edited by craigeduk