SOON: Merzbow - "Pulse Demon" 2xLP - (BLUDHONEY RECORDS)

I gotta ask - what am I missing?

I gave this a listen on spotify and there wasn't anything enjoyable about it. What's going on here? Btw, I'm genuinely curious. I'm not trying to bash this record.

The artwork looks amazing though.

EDIT: I appreciate both the snarky and genuine answers. My question wasn't judgmental in the least. I'll move along.

Edited by wtwartheniii

8 hours ago, wtwartheniii said:

I gave this a listen on spotify and there wasn't anything enjoyable about it.

You're not missing anything, then .

Seriously though, please do not turn this thread into 'explain to me the appeal of noise music'. That knowledge lies elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, wtwartheniii said:

I gave this a listen on spotify and there wasn't anything enjoyable about it

on the eighth full listen through all the melodies and polyrhythms will emerge in such a way that it becomes a transcendent experience in which you meet god;

if you aren’t hearing the notes, try playing the album backwards at a higher volume and if that doesn’t work then you just weren’t meant to fully grasp the collossal piece of melodic bliss which is Pulse Demon

12 hours ago, wtwartheniii said:

I gave this a listen on spotify and there wasn't anything enjoyable about it. What's going on here? Btw, I'm genuinely curious. I'm not trying to bash this record.

The artwork looks amazing though.

You can just go ahead and skip over this release.

Just now, cantdance said:

Got the bundle. Speechless at how quickly it sold out.

Yeaaaaah, I know Merzy has gained a lot of traction over the years but I wasn't sure it was going to sell out in like a minute flat 

I probably would have missed this if I didn't follow people's anticipation on here

Just now, Multiverse said:

Yeaaaaah, I know Merzy has gained a lot of traction over the years but I wasn't sure it was going to sell out in like a minute flat 

I probably would have missed this if I didn't follow people's anticipation on here

I saw a bunch of noobs who clearly don't know how these things typically work posting on the labels Facebook about it, so I knew it was gonna be a shit show.