SOON: Merzbow - "Pulse Demon" 2xLP - (BLUDHONEY RECORDS)

1 hour ago, JustSchwimmer said:

Bundle is mine, I probably won't be able to play this sadly. I really like the music but don't want to listen...it's a weird space to be in.

Everyone seems super hype about this release so I feel like I should buy it. Also, I TOTALLY like the music, I swear. But, I'm just not gonna listen to it probably. And I totally know how that sounds, but it's not like that. I really love Marzball and I'm not just buying this for the packaging or the hype.

I did manage a bundle while at work in between business. I figured it would be a window of a minute or so and I’ve gotten kinda good at having my finger on the button. 71 shipped is a little ridiculous all things considered but usually these things show up absolutely beautiful and I forget all about that. I’m a sucker. 

Edited by HoneyFrosted
i cant spel

2 hours ago, rooks said:

Everyone seems super hype about this release so I feel like I should buy it. Also, I TOTALLY like the music, I swear. But, I'm just not gonna listen to it probably. And I totally know how that sounds, but it's not like that. I really love Marzball and I'm not just buying this for the packaging or the hype.

I can appreciate the music as an art piece and still find it difficult to listen to. It's not that odd of a concept.

40 minutes ago, JustSchwimmer said:

I can appreciate the music as an art piece and still find it difficult to listen to. It's not that odd of a concept.

Is that like buying a painting you like the concept of but hate the look of so you put a sheet over it and hang it in the hallway closet?

I'm just ragging on you, but, I do find the concept of buying an auditory art piece despite disliking the audio that comprises the art piece as fairly contradictory.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

One left

Edit: sold out

After the initial drop I was mulling it over all morning and when I checked back there were three copies. I decided I'd wait until there was one left and try to buy it; if it went through I'd have one, if someone beat me to it then oh well. I ended up getting it, and I figure if I really end up hurting for money or regretting it later I can pass it on at cost to someone who missed out.

1 hour ago, rooks said:

Is that like buying a painting you like the concept of but hate the look of so you put a sheet over it and hang it in the hallway closet?

I'm just ragging on you, but, I do find the concept of buying an auditory art piece despite disliking the audio that comprises the art piece as fairly contradictory.

Understood, I didn't think you were being mean or anything. I like the music but find it hard to listen to is the best way to put it. 

More closely a photograph that is beautiful with disturbing subject matter, or something similar in nature.

I was close to buying one... Then I saw the price :angry:.

Oh and for some perspective (I usually never defend people who are lured by hype or cover/variant  a e s t h e t i c s alone), but I only ever HEARD of Merzbow when some college radio jocks I hung out with at the time were talking about the recently-released Merzbox (look it up on Discogs). So, I guess my long history with noise music (collecting almost exclusively experimental music from like 2003-2010) stems from first encountering non-music/noise/sound art through OTT packaging and the hypebeasts it generated.

TL;DR: Sometimes u gotta make some noise to move units on the Sgt. Pepper's of power electronics

Edited by armadillo01

• 1 year later...