PO: Norma Jean - Redeemer

54 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Do not like the variant options at all. Was also hoping for a standard black, retail release. 

I can’t imagine they’re only going to press 500 gold copies. I would definitely think a standard release is going to be made widely available. Maybe I’ll be wrong though. 

Edited by Velocity of Sound

1 hour ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I would definitely think a standard release is going to be made widely available. 

Even with the releases they own, SS/T&N have never done retail/mass pressings. But yeah, licensing is probably the biggest factor in this case.

I have ordered this thing three times now... the first two orders have been cancelled and refunded with no explanation. Third time lucky maybe... I've tried using different addresses and payment options each time. 

It would be nice to know why, so I can make sure that my order is successful. No response from Merch Now as of yet. I really don't want to miss out on this one. 

1 hour ago, rcafilm said:

Listening now and it's listenable but it's certainly no revelation. I'd put money on it being from a CD master, it feels so compressed. Not sure how they recorded it, but I'd love to hear it have some room to breathe. But hey, it's still a fun one to crank?

Does the silver pressing sound better than the picture disc?

1 hour ago, Plarocks said:

Does the silver pressing sound better than the picture disc?

I've never heard the OP but it has a reputation for sounding pretty garbagey so I would assume this sounds slightly less garbagey? But I'm basing that solely off of my experience with most picture discs. Either way, if you have the picture disc, this probably isn't going to be a worthy upgrade and I don't see us ever getting one.