PO Dead Poetic New Medicines

1 hour ago, 1876records said:

holy crap I love this album so much. what are the actual chances they screw up this pressing?

Hard to say, honestly. I had an LP from Anchor and Braille from 2012 that sounded fine but  the How To Start A Fire repress from last year was terrible. Same for Anberlin's Lowborn from 2014 - one of the muddiest records I've ever heard. 

We're at a point in the vinyl releasing game where putting some extra money into mastering a record for vinyl, and not doing a CD source like T&N always does, should just be a given.  But then again, T&N may be smarter than the rest of us and realizes like 90% of the people buying their reissues don't care about sound quality...or aren't even listening to the records.  

got my coke bottle clear copy yesterday. I really dig the new layout of the back cover. printed dust sleeve is super thin and poor quality though. spinning now and the audio is completely void of bass. had to turn bass up a ton on my receiver. sounds very thin, but still excited to own this regardless.

The good news is most of this doesn't sound nearly as bad as I expected. The bad news is Molotov does, and A Hoax To Live For doesn't sound too hot either. Friggin IGD. I would agree that there's overall a thinness to the quality, but I wouldn't say it's entirely void of bass. In my opinion, it's not going to blow any socks off, but it's also not a waste to buy.

• 4 weeks later...

got my copy today. Sounds CD sourced, a bit muddy in the mids, kind of "ice picky" highs and thin bass which makes sense because they crammed all the music they could on each side (the louder the bass the wider the track).

So overall it's actually a good pressing for T&N; you can actually listen to it.

• 4 months later...