From the Choirgirl Hotel vinyl reissue (Tori Amos)

Yeah, i just got all excited for nothing... this is a highly anticipated reissue.  i'd recommend thoroughly searching the net in Tori forums and reading up before creating new threads here and crushing people with a false flag.  :)

To answer your question though... the last time I read up on it, maybe a month ago, it seems it may be on hold for the time being because Tori is going through some personal life stuff.  But it's eventually going to happen.

1 hour ago, Plarocks said:

Bring on “Strange Little Girls,” on clear vinyl next!!! :D

Or, just make more of that boot version that has been floating around. It looks gorgeous!  :wub:

I'd be in for that, but what I'd really really like to see is a first pressing of Scarlet's Walk.  I love my deluxe cd copy of that with her polaroid style picture inserts and the big map of the US showing her route and where she was when she wrote each of the songs.  They could really do great things with vinyl packaging for that.

4 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I'd be in for that, but what I'd really really like to see is a first pressing of Scarlet's Walk.  I love my deluxe cd copy of that with her polaroid style picture inserts and the big map of the US showing her route and where she was when she wrote each of the songs.  They could really do great things with vinyl packaging for that.

First pressing on transparent “Scarlet Red” vinyl  :wub:

• 5 years later...
On 5/17/2018 at 4:28 PM, Plarocks said:

First pressing on transparent “Scarlet Red” vinyl  :wub:

Idk if you noticed but there actually is a sold out (Amazon exclusive variant) pre-order for this exact variant of the album, US Amazon anyways.  I missed it somehow, but i did manage to pre-order a black vinyl copy.  Comes out in a few weeks.  Canada Amazon still has the scarlet red available for pre-order.

Still no official news that i've read about Choirgirl getting a reissue.  There's some gossip going around that the tapes were lost, and furthermore gossip saying they were lost in that Universal fire in 2008.  I think that's all just fan rumors though.  There was an interview with Tori some years ago where she talked about how that album was either recorded, mixed, or mastered too loudly as it was the first of her albums that was recorded in her own private studio.

Knowing her personality and the way she regards her music, I find it really hard to believe that she doesn't have archived tapes from everything she's ever been a part of in her own personal storage.  Maybe it's just a major undertaking to remaster the album because of the loudness thing?

On 8/21/2023 at 12:33 PM, thesecrets0308 said:

Idk if you noticed but there actually is a sold out (Amazon exclusive variant) pre-order for this exact variant of the album, US Amazon anyways.  I missed it somehow, but i did manage to pre-order a black vinyl copy.  Comes out in a few weeks.  Canada Amazon still has the scarlet red available for pre-order.

Still no official news that i've read about Choirgirl getting a reissue.  There's some gossip going around that the tapes were lost, and furthermore gossip saying they were lost in that Universal fire in 2008.  I think that's all just fan rumors though.  There was an interview with Tori some years ago where she talked about how that album was either recorded, mixed, or mastered too loudly as it was the first of her albums that was recorded in her own private studio.

Knowing her personality and the way she regards her music, I find it really hard to believe that she doesn't have archived tapes from everything she's ever been a part of in her own personal storage.  Maybe it's just a major undertaking to remaster the album because of the loudness thing?

I am a member of r/vinylreleases, and while I am not a fan of Amazon, I jumped at ordering that! 😃

I looks like I predicted both this, and Judybats “Native Son” on green vinyl. 🔮

Choirgirl is out there, but now expensive. I have both the German single LP and the US double LP.  Only listened to the German pressing so far, and it is very flat like most Alsdorf pressings, but I liked it.