PO Now: Uniform & The Body - Mental Wounds Not Healing

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/collections/releases/products/sba001-uniform-the-body-mental-wounds-not-healing

In Spring 2017, Uniform was asked to support fellow noisy, boundary-pushing duo The Body for a European tour. Having been longtime fans of the band, Uniform vocalist Michael Berdan and guitarist Ben Greenberg jumped at the opportunity. During the planning phase of the tour, Berdan and Lee Buford from The Body started corresponding regularly. Ultimately, Berdan asked Buford if he and The Body cofounder Chip King would be interested in making a collaborative record with Uniform. Buford enthusiastically assented, and the seed of Mental Wounds Not Healing was sown.

The title of the record is a line stolen from the chorus of Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train.” Most of the titles are culled from horror literature and cinema, with specific nods to Shirley Jackson, Jack Ketchum, and Elem Klimov. Thematically, the songs have to do with feeling trapped in one’s own mind, projecting images over and over again of a future in shambles before it even gets a chance to happen. It is about hopelessness, anxiety, and depression so familiar that they seem like permanent fixtures of one’s psyche and identity.

sba001-uniformbody-300_1024x1024.jpg?v=1

26 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

They sorta do fuck around, since these days the only thing "limited" about their releases is a wraparound sleeve and wax seal.

Either way though - good shite.

That's still better than labels that do an upcharge just for a colored variant.

The Eraserhead deluxe they did was fucking awesome.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That's still better than labels that do an upcharge just for a colored variant.

Isn't that essentially what they're doing? Look at this release or almost any of their others that follow the same model they've been using lately. Unless you think a wraparound warrants $6 extra. You can typically buy the color that's included in the "wraparound" limited version at any Indie store for cheaper than what SB upcharges.

Standard black vinyl = $17
Indie color vinyl with wraparound sleeve = $23

58 minutes ago, elvismcvegas said:

God damn. I can't believe I missed out on the clear. I have almost all their albums on clear.

It's not a Sacred Bones exclusive so I'd expect it to pop up elsewhere. It's currently available at Norman and there are multiple distributors that are taking orders for it, so you can probably even ask your local store if they can get you a copy.

• 4 weeks later...