Rare Vinyl in Poor Condition

Hey, OP, this board is filled up with pretentious record snobs.  Don't expect an accurate answer from anyone here.  If you see a record you want, buy it.  Who cares what the condition is?  Record collecting is about YOU and what YOU want to collect.  Once you start collecting for the sake of others, then you turn into sunshine, randy savage or the paul rudd guy.  Don't let these immature man-children rain on your parade.  I guarantee you they are just blowing smoke.  I found a beat to hell copy of kind of blue in a $.25 bin. You better believe i snatched it up as quick as possible.  

Edited by whosnotwo

1 hour ago, whosnotwo said:

Hey, OP, this board is filled up with pretentious record snobs.  Don't expect an accurate answer from anyone here.  If you see a record you want, buy it.  Who cares what the condition is?  Record collecting is about YOU and what YOU want to collect.  Once you start collecting for the sake of others, then you turn into sunshine, randy savage or the paul rudd guy.  Don't let these immature man-children rain on your parade.  I guarantee you they are just blowing smoke.  I found a beat to hell copy of kind of blue in a $.25 bin. You better believe i snatched it up as quick as possible.  

:rolleyes:

Who would ever want to turn into someone who buys records to listen to, not just to have them!

While I don't buy records that are in poor condition (the media itself, if just the cover is damaged, oh well, a good deal is a good deal) why would I tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't do?

Do I think it's silly to throw money at something just to own it if it doesn't fulfill its intended use? Sure. Am I here to "rain on someone's parade?" Nah.

Sure seems like you're being the man-child here though; not sure what I did to rile you up since I barely recognize your username and certainly hadn't responded to this thread yet.

And as far as the accuracy of what people are saying in this thread...OP asked whether or not we do something...why would anyone lie about whether or not they buy beat up records?

Let me ask you seriously, I'm not trying to be  snarky, your copy of Kind of Blue, is it listenable? If it isn't, what made you decide to pick it up?

Part of the reason I don't buy damaged  records is because I don't have room to store what is essentially garbage anymore. It's also partly why I don't collect multiple copies of most records.

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

:rolleyes:

Who would ever want to turn into someone who buys records to listen to, not just to have them!

While I don't buy records that are in poor condition (the media itself, if just the cover is damaged, oh well, a good deal is a good deal) why would I tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't do?

Do I think it's silly to throw money at something just to own it if it doesn't fulfill its intended use? Sure. Am I here to "rain on someone's parade?" Nah.

Sure seems like you're being the man-child here though; not sure what I did to rile you up since I barely recognize your username and certainly hadn't responded to this thread yet.

And as far as the accuracy of what people are saying in this thread...OP asked whether or not we do something...why would anyone lie about whether or not they buy beat up records?

Let me ask you seriously, I'm not trying to be  snarky, your copy of Kind of Blue, is it listenable? If it isn't, what made you decide to pick it up?

Part of the reason I don't buy damaged  records is because I don't have room to store what is essentially garbage anymore. It's also partly why I don't collect multiple copies of most records.

" since I barely recognize your username" 

Yeah, cuz i have a life and don't sit here 24/7.  

'Part of the reason I don't buy damaged  records is because I don't have room to store what is essentially garbage anymore. It's also partly why I don't collect multiple copies of most records."

Yeah, good for you.  Not everyone shares your collecting philosophy, so no need to judge others.  I'm sure you're a super funny guy in real life, just not on the internet.  

"our copy of Kind of Blue, is it listenable?"

Yeah, it is.  Especially after i cleaned it up.  I would grade it a G+/G+.  Eventually i'll come across a better copy and sell off the one i have for a few bucks.  OR give it away, who knows.  Regardless, i'm not paying retail for an original. 

"I don't have room to store what is essentially garbage"
I'd bet your King Gizzard collection that i could find "garbage" in your collection.  To each their own.  I'm here to help out others, not to bring them down with worthless inside jokes. 

2 minutes ago, whosnotwo said:

" since I barely recognize your username" 

Yeah, cuz i have a life and don't sit here 24/7.  

'Part of the reason I don't buy damaged  records is because I don't have room to store what is essentially garbage anymore. It's also partly why I don't collect multiple copies of most records."

Yeah, good for you.  Not everyone shares your collecting philosophy, so no need to judge others.  I'm sure you're a super funny guy in real life, just not on the internet.  

"our copy of Kind of Blue, is it listenable?"

Yeah, it is.  Especially after i cleaned it up.  I would grade it a G+/G+.  Eventually i'll come across a better copy and sell off the one i have for a few bucks.  OR give it away, who knows.  Regardless, i'm not paying retail for an original. 

"I don't have room to store what is essentially garbage"
I'd bet your King Gizzard collection that i could find "garbage" in your collection.  To each their own.  I'm here to help out others, not to bring them down with worthless inside jokes. 

First of all, I didn't make any inside jokes or any jokes at all in my post.  I didn't make any judgements, and I pretty much said "you do you," as far as collecting what you want. You seem very angry for no reason.

If G+ is something you can deal with, that's terrific, you're able to listen to records that I wouldn't be able to. I'm also not sure how not having room for things I personally don't find acceptable is any kind of "philosophy." Again, not trying to be funny.

I'm not a fan of King Gizzard, but I'll admit (like everyone on this site should) that my taste in music is all over the place and some of it is definitely terrible. I wasn't saying Kind of Blue is garbage, I also have a copy in my collection. To me, personally if something is too damaged and that damage affects playback to a certain degree, it's useless to me, essentially garbage in my eyes. It's really cool of you to jump right into personal attacks though when I've tried to be cordial.

Popped into your post history and found that we've had exactly one interaction in which I pointed out to you that you missed some sarcasm @lethalenforcer threw out.

I think maybe you need to take a little time-out, homie. You're getting really twisted up over nothing.

Love that people are still using "Well I have a life and don't have time to not be bad at posting on this message board!" in 2018.

Bruh, everyone has the internet in their pocket at all times. Being a regular poster doesn't mean you're sitting in your basement like it did 20 years ago. 

2 hours ago, whosnotwo said:

:wub:

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Love that people are still using "Well I have a life and don't have time to not be bad at posting on this message board!" in 2018.

Bruh, everyone has the internet in their pocket at all times. Being a regular poster doesn't mean you're sitting in your basement like it did 20 years ago. 

I just liked this post from 30k feet