PO: THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM "The 59 Sound" LP

Guest Admin

This is the correct answer.

American Slang is practically unlistenable for me. I'm glad they've limited the album to 2-3 songs live.

Senor and the Queen is my favorite material of theirs, overall.

I guess I'm in the minority thinking American Slang is their best record. This is when the band really broke out and really branched out musically from the first 2 records. Hand and Get Hurt are solid records too...I guess I'm growInc old with them...

• 3 months later...

Just got an e-mail from SideOneDummy Records. Apparently there is a Clear Orange copy limited to 30 copies. Just got one. Here is the link

https://sideonedummy.com/product/the-gaslight-anthem-the-59-sound-lp-anniv-ed-orange-2015/289

Edit: 6 left

Aaaand gone. Damn it.

Just got an e-mail from SideOneDummy Records. Apparently there is a Clear Orange copy limited to 30 copies. Just got one. Here is the link

https://sideonedummy.com/product/the-gaslight-anthem-the-59-sound-lp-anniv-ed-orange-2015/289

Edit: 6 left

They were just saying that they have 30 copies left. The pressing was much larger.

They were just saying that they have 30 copies left. The pressing was much larger.

I think you are right. The wording on the e-mail and on the site make it sound like there was only 30. On the other records they put up they didn't list how many just that they had a few left. I might try e-mailing them and seeing what they say.

I think you are right. The wording on the e-mail and on the site make it sound like there was only 30. On the other records they put up they didn't list how many just that they had a few left. I might try e-mailing them and seeing what they say.

I asked on Twitter if it was a typo, they said they only had the 30 left.

The real gem on this sale is the Chuck Ragan Till Midnight on Blue/Black. It's limited to 100 and it was only available though a bundle pre-order that cost close to $80. $18.00 shipped with the coupon code is a sweet deal.

Oh cool. Just heard him for the first time a few days ago and liked his stuff, so I went ahead and grabbed it when I got the email. Didn't know it was such a limited variant.

Real bummed I missed the Gaslight Live at Park Ave, though. That had to have sold out fast, I checked an hour after getting the email.

Because Alex sounds like a bored guitar player, noodling over every damn second of the record.  Seriously, dude needs to learn that less is more sometimes.

haha lol. never noticed that. I like both albums on my blood red copies.

+I thought that sink or swim was their worst. Maybe I should translate lirycs to start diggin it...