pressing info : cave in - jupiter

no no no, you still don't have it right. Everyone hated Jupiter, but then decided Jupiter wasn't so bad when they put Antenna out.

Stupid artists and their unwillingness to continue rehashing the same old ideas!

My friend snagged the orange one for $26.

edit : that clear one blows my mind, though. it ruins EVERYTHING and is the bane of my existence. Like OJ, I vow not to rest until I find the story behind it.

i dunno where you're from, but everyone i knew when jupiter came out were totally creaming themselves over it.

You're definitely the exception to the rule. That record was rather chillingly received pretty much everywhere when it first came out in terms of their current fanbase. I remember seeing them on their first tour in support of the record with Milemarker and Euclid and they were only playing new stuff. At one point, Steven Brodsky said something like, "You guys want an old song?" and everyone cheered, so they played a Led Zeppelin song.

I'd say within the year people warmed up to it (that record really is fucking awesome), but right at the beginning, people HATED it.

until your heart stops will always be my favorite but i can honestly say ive enjoyed every single album this band has put out and pretty much every single project that has spawned from this band with the exception of clouds. everyone needs to listen to the octave museum (too bad theyre already gone) and zozobra though.

until your heart stops will always be my favorite but i can honestly say ive enjoyed every single album this band has put out and pretty much every single project that has spawned from this band with the exception of clouds. everyone needs to listen to the octave museum (too bad theyre already gone) and zozobra though.

agreed!

I'm the leading authority on Cave In on this site, so I'll lay it out for you:

Jupiter is the best.

Antenna would have been a pretty good rock record if some other band did it.

Perfect Pitch Black, upon relistening many times, is an awesome album. It's also on vinyl finally, which helps.

The band most likely will be doing one last record at some point, once touring for Clouds, Zozobra, etc. has cooled down. This from Caleb.

Check out my story on Zozobra in the next issues of Thrasher (or maybe the one after that).

i'm the leading authority on being pissed off at zozobra for not playing in new mexico.

for those of you who are uneducated, zozobra is a yearly festival that occurs in santa fe, new mexico. it is centered around the burning of a 70ft effigy of Zozobra (otherwise known as Old Man Gloom, and yes, that's where they got the name for that band as well). santos montoya, drummer for zozobra (and old man gloom), was born and raised in santa fe (he's a great guy, i've hung out and played music with him), and yet when they toured, they didn't come to new mexico AT ALL.

they received a very nasty myspace message from me about this.

• 1 month later...