MLB Discussion

Pretty happy about Austin Jackson and Max Scherzer though!

I don't know. They are hot and cold. Granderson was almost MVP of the league and is off to another strong start. It wasn't a fleecing but we did not get the best end of that trade.

Granderson does have 6 homers, but definitely not having a strong start.

How so? When I look at my fantasy league and a dude is ranked #8 overall, I think it is pretty hard to argue that isn't a strong start.

I don't know how things in fantasy leagues are ranked, but like I said he does have 6 homers, but before that 5 hit, 3 homer game 2 days ago his average was only .208 (now .281) and 1/4 of his at bats are strike outs.

How so? When I look at my fantasy league and a dude is ranked #8 overall, I think it is pretty hard to argue that isn't a strong start.

I don't know how things in fantasy leagues are ranked, but like I said he does have 6 homers, but before that 5 hit, 3 homer game 2 days ago his average was only .208 (now .281) and 1/4 of his at bats are strike outs.

In my league, they are ranked based on avg/runs/hr/rbi/steals. There are many more stats that contribute to baseball games, but these 5 are good indicators of a player's "real" value.

Take away anyone's best day a couple weeks into the season and their will be a drastic change in their numbers (unless you are Matt Kemp). Gotta give the guy credit for the stats, regardless of whether they came sooner or later.

The Angels haven't even started getting it going yet. Obviously if this last for too long it will just be over but were only 2 weeks in. Not saying Texas isn't the better team but it's way too early to call it just yet. The year before Texas won back to back divisions they were leading the Angels by a good amount of games and the Angels came back and won the division by like 10 games. I definitely won't deny that Texas is a great team, maybe the best in all of baseball.

This might be a weird question but if a switch hitter has a shift played against them, could they wait until the pitcher starts a motion, jump over the plate, and hit from the opposite side? I know you have to be within the chalk when you swing, but not sure how the rules apply to the period up until the pitch is thrown.

This might be a weird question but if a switch hitter has a shift played against them, could they wait until the pitcher starts a motion, jump over the plate, and hit from the opposite side? I know you have to be within the chalk when you swing, but not sure how the rules apply to the period up until the pitch is thrown.

Carlos Pena has dropped down three bunts so far this year against the shift and beat them all out for infield singles as no one was at third. Now the defense is cheating back towards third a bit. He says he wont do it everytime they shift, but will continue to do it till they start getting him out on the bunts. Kinda cool to see a power hitter not afraid to drop a bunt down for the better of the team.

The Red Sox are so painful. For a few years, they were my escape from the otherwise painful existence of being a Buffalo Sports Fan, but now they could fit right into this city's history.

I have family in Boston and go at least twice a year and have always watched the Sox, even tho my uncle from NYC tries to send us Yankee hats every once in a while. After years of suffering through the Sabres, the Bills, and the Red Sox, the Sox got good. Now they're dysfunctional again.

It's comical watching Valentine get booed so quickly in a season, though.