MLB Discussion

I think the difference would be the braves traded him away which wasn't his choice. Where as this year he choose to go to the Cubs, and then proceeded to say some nasty stuff about the cards...did he talk any trash on the braves after he left there?

I bet the braves fans didn't call him racial slurs either.

I bet the braves fans didn't call him racial slurs either.

I bet 99.999999999% of cardinals fans didn't either.

Of course one bad apple can make a city look bad.

And I am sure no one in Atlanta has said a racial slur......

Also can only find allegations of this from twitter users, both ESPN and the Cardinals said they have yet to find any evidence of the slurs.  But no one has ever made anything up on twitter before...

But if it is true that really sucks and I hate that some idiot like that can reflect on a whole city.

I think the difference would be the braves traded him away which wasn't his choice. Where as this year he choose to go to the Cubs, and then proceeded to say some nasty stuff about the cards...did he talk any trash on the braves after he left there?

Nasty stuff? Its like your avatar is a representation of Cardinal Nation.

Nope, like always former players continue to love the Braves. Why else would Jim Johnson and Kelly Johnson re sign this season despite knowingly being trade bait at the deadline for a 2nd straight year? Maybe there's something to be said about why Heyward clearly disliked STL so much compared to ATL. Not that saying "I'd prefer to play around a bunch of young talented players rather than an aging team for the next 7 years" is nasty.

With the efforts to shorten the length of the games, they sure seem longer with all these challenges.

exactly, this is the first thing that should be done away with. I hardly care if a pitcher's meeting or batter's pause takes more than 30 seconds when the game stops for 5 min just to uphold the initial call most of the time

exactly, this is the first thing that should be done away with. I hardly care if a pitcher's meeting or batter's pause takes more than 30 seconds when the game stops for 5 min just to uphold the initial call most of the time

I also think it's stupid that the plays are reviewed in New York, regardless of where the game is.

They should have the actual officials of the game review it and determine the outcome. They were there and saw the play live, not on a monitor.Let the game officials huddle up, watch the replays and come up with a result.

They are ruining the game.

The new 2nd base slide rule is silly also. All the players dislike it as well, from what I've heard.

I also think it's stupid that the plays are reviewed in New York, regardless of where the game is.

They should have the actual officials of the game review it and determine the outcome. They were there and saw the play live, not on a monitor.Let the game officials huddle up, watch the replays and come up with a result.

They are ruining the game.

The new 2nd base slide rule is silly also. All the players dislike it as well, from what I've heard.

San Diego now has a record for most innings without a run to start the season, he should have been safe and then they call NY and it gets overturned. This seems bad for the game

San Diego now has a record for most innings without a run to start the season, he should have been safe and then they call NY and it gets overturned. This seems bad for the game

Well, I don't mind that they take the time to get the calls correct, but let the local officials do it, not some boobs in NY.

I bet 99.999999999% of cardinals fans didn't either.

Of course one bad apple can make a city look bad.

And I am sure no one in Atlanta has said a racial slur......

Also can only find allegations of this from twitter users, both ESPN and the Cardinals said they have yet to find any evidence of the slurs.  But no one has ever made anything up on twitter before...

But if it is true that really sucks and I hate that some idiot like that can reflect on a whole city.

It was probably this guy

9kqb0i.jpg

Seager hasn't impressed me so far watching the two Dodgers-Braves games. He has some serious power, but two at-bats he hit a 400 ft shot just foul and then was so visibly upset about just missing the homer that he struck out badly right after. He also seems to be lazy with his positioning on ground balls. Has a bit of a cocky vibe for a rookie.

Dave Roberts just taking pot shots at one of the better ground crews in the league so his rookie doesn't feel bad for multiple poor attempts at feeling ground balls.

http://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-news-yasmani-grandal-dave-roberts-address-poor-infield-turner-field/2016/04/22/

No complaint has been filed and no Braves player has even entertained a joking response to the idea.