MLB Discussion

I searched and couldnt find another MLB thread on here, even tho I know Ive seen them.

So my Angels just traded Casey Kotchman and a AA pitcher for Mark Texeira. Not sure how I feel about this. If it aint broke, dont fix it. We definitely could use more power in the line up tho.

Also I keep watching discussion on Baseball Tonite and Sportcenter about who the best team in baseball is. How can anyone say its not the Angels? Best record in baseball and the biggest lead in any division and they've beaten every other "best" team.

The season is getting exciting and the trade deadline is coming up. Lets get some baseball discussion going...

I was also a little skeptical with the trade for Teixeira. I loved Kotchman and thought he was a great player. I guess we have to see how it plays out. I can't wait for October though. Angels are definetly making it to the big show this year

Yea Kotchman was a decent on offense but I think he is the best defensive first baseman in all of baseball. The only thing the Angels are lacking is power and I guess this takes care of that. We will have to wait and see how it works out. Hope Texeira is in the lineup tonite against the Red Sox. The only team the Angels have trouble with in the post season is the Sox and they are handling them this year.

Teixeira is a MAJOR upgrade over Kotchman, his OBPS is about 130 points higher. He knows American League pitching. He plays gold glove defense. There's not a thing done in a baseball game Teixeira doesn't do better than Kotchman.

well said...and they didnt give up brandon wood or Nick Adenhart

Wood and Adenhart havent done a goddamn thing tho when they have been brought up. Big disappointments.

I was also a little skeptical with the trade for Teixeira. I loved Kotchman and thought he was a great player. I guess we have to see how it plays out. I can't wait for October though. Angels are definetly making it to the big show this year

Yea Kotchman was a decent on offense but I think he is the best defensive first baseman in all of baseball. The only thing the Angels are lacking is power and I guess this takes care of that. We will have to wait and see how it works out. Hope Texeira is in the lineup tonite against the Red Sox. The only team the Angels have trouble with in the post season is the Sox and they are handling them this year.

Teixeira does own a few Gold Gloves and honestly first baseman don't need to be that great on defense save for being able to dig a ball out of the dirt.

Anyone going to the Yankees series at Angels Stadium in a few weeks? Probably should mention that K-Rod is only 14 saves away from breaking the record :-D

K-Rod has the saves record locked. He scars the shit out of me EVERY fucking time he comes in the game tho. He is far from automatic. Gets the job done....but barely haha

Anyone going to the Yankees series at Angels Stadium in a few weeks? Probably should mention that K-Rod is only 14 saves away from breaking the record :-D

K-Rod has the saves record locked. He scars the shit out of me EVERY fucking time he comes in the game tho. He is far from automatic. Gets the job done....but barely haha

Last night I was shitting bricks when Manny hit the home run off Frankie. It looks like it's getting tougher and tougher. I'm just glad to see that we're finally putting the pressure on the Sox before the postseason.

Teixeira is a MAJOR upgrade over Kotchman, his OBPS is about 130 points higher. He knows American League pitching. He plays gold glove defense. There's not a thing done in a baseball game Teixeira doesn't do better than Kotchman.

Defensively Kotchman is much much much better.

he isnt that much better if any...teixiera has two gold gloves in his closet, 05 and 06...the dude is all around rad and a forsure upgrade like sammy goodcore said before

Wood and Adenhart havent done a goddamn thing tho when they have been brought up. Big disappointments.

they are prospects and have gotten no playing time in the majors

Wood has hit .134 in 97 MLB at-bats. Granted, it's a small sample size, but he only has 2 XBH and 33 K's.

Adenhart has an even smaller sample size, but 18 H, 12 ER and 13 BB in 12 IP isn't too stellar.

they are prospects and have gotten no playing time in the majors

Wood has hit .134 in 97 MLB at-bats. Granted, it's a small sample size, but he only has 2 XBH and 33 K's.

Adenhart has an even smaller sample size, but 18 H, 12 ER and 13 BB in 12 IP isn't too stellar.

dont get me wrong, wood i am skeptical about, but Adenhart will be rad....iam just shocked the braves didnt want either since they are top prospects, thats all

VORP

Teixeira = 32.2

Kotchman = 13.4

Game. Set. Match.

Granted, Kotchman's 3 years younger and a lot cheaper, but the Angels badly needed a bat in the lineup to protect Vlad. When you're 65-40 with a run differential of only +39, you've had a lot of luck and things are bound to even out a bit. It's a good thing the Angels' bullpen is so fucking strong.