NFL Discussion

This is Ben Roethlisberger we're talking about here. The QB who has been sacked like 100x in 2 years.

true, but how many starts did Batch make in those two years

I think he only started twice, but he played in 15 games total in the last 2 seasons. Not sure for how long though...

Just went through five full pages and no love for the seahawks, which is cool, but grown up with them and still live out here, plus I was sideline with nfl films all last year and looking like another season with them this year, so siked!

Sweet, another Seahawks fan. I've been a fan since the early 80's (probably just rebellion against my Broncos loving parents). They're going to have a tough game going to Buffalo, but shouldn't have a problem winning the division.

Just went through five full pages and no love for the seahawks, which is cool, but grown up with them and still live out here, plus I was sideline with nfl films all last year and looking like another season with them this year, so siked!

Sweet, another Seahawks fan. I've been a fan since the early 80's (probably just rebellion against my Broncos loving parents). They're going to have a tough game going to Buffalo, but shouldn't have a problem winning the division.

hell yeah, will be a great game for sure, but yes, division shouldn't be an issue, will be cool to see them get a little further in the playoffs this year I hope...

How'd you manage that gig?

I had just worked with a friend I went to school with on a 6 week indie film shoot. We get along pretty well and just always talking. She got a call from NFL FILMS because she's one of the only 16mm film loaders in Seattle. They needed a runner to run the film from the camera guy and her and for some reason, she thought of me. The first time out, I was like, okay, nose bleeds, shooting some camera watching the game, I'm siked, whatever. We get there and we're down on the field, eating food before the game up in the press box, then we start shooting and basically I'm walking around with the camera guy and we're out in the middle of the field during practice and then up and down the sideline the entire game. Each mag of film is about 11 minutes worth of film, so every 15-20 minutes, I run to one corner of the stadium, switch out mags, then run back. I don't get paid, but to be down on the field, right on the sidelines, don't need any payment, though she is going to teach me how she loads(been a few year) and next time she is sick or whatever, they can pay me to do it, though I won't be on the sidelines, I'll be in the corner of the stadium.

Regardless, at first, a once in a lifetime shot and as luck may have it, I got to hit up 7 or so games including some playoff games. I've been in touch with her for this season and she says we're on if "you have the time."