NCAA Football Discussion

There is no way any team leaps over Alabama if they are undefeated, and even a 1-loss alabama is probably still #2 depending on how that loss happens

nobody will jump an unbeaten alabama but surely two undefeated teams will go before a 1-loss team. UNLESS their loss comes in the conference championship which would be unfair considering a lot of teams will be idle.

also, theres no way Baylor jumps over Ohio State or Stanford either. 

i disagree. stanford lost to utah. if baylor demolishes the rest of their opposition (which includes 2 ranked teams, likely 3 if texas keeps winning) they're right up there. that's a big "if" though.

the only quality opponent ohio state has played this year was wisconsin and they won by a TD. they barely got past northwestern and that team is 4-5 right now.

nobody will jump an unbeaten alabama but surely two undefeated teams will go before a 1-loss team. UNLESS their loss comes in the conference championship which would be unfair considering a lot of teams will be idle.

i disagree. stanford lost to utah. if baylor demolishes the rest of their opposition (which includes 2 ranked teams, likely 3 if texas keeps winning) they're right up there. that's a big "if" though.

the only quality opponent ohio state has played this year was wisconsin and they won by a TD. they barely got past northwestern and that team is 4-5 right now.

Exactly. Ohio State drops below Baylor. If not this week then next week.

And I don't buy that a one loss Alabama would get in over someone unbeaten. If you can do that then Notre Dame wouldn't have played in the championship last season.

I don't like Ohio State but if you honestly think an unbeaten Ohio State doesn't play for the title game depending on of their is a loss between either Bama or FSU which is pretty likely, than something is the matter with you and the BCS. Despite a bowl ban and all that Ohio State would then be 24-0 how you could deny that is mind boggling.

I don't like Ohio State but if you honestly think an unbeaten Ohio State doesn't play for the title game depending on of their is a loss between either Bama or FSU which is pretty likely, than something is the matter with you and the BCS. Despite a bowl ban and all that Ohio State would then be 24-0 how you could deny that is mind boggling.

They would be 12-0, not 24-0. Last season's record doesn't mean anything.

Ohio State is playing in a Big 10 that frankly has a lot of so/so teams. On average, the talent is higher over the whole division.. but what teams have Ohio State beaten that make a "statement" in any way? Stanford beating multiple top 20 teams shows me a lot more about their ability than an team who beats a lot of average joes.

Ohio State is playing in a Big 10 that frankly has a lot of so/so teams. On average, the talent is higher over the whole division.. but what teams have Ohio State beaten that make a "statement" in any way? Stanford beating multiple top 20 teams shows me a lot more about their ability than an team who beats a lot of average joes.

the same can be said about Baylor and the Big 12, not much in that league this year besides a bunch of schools with QB issues.  Oklahoma was nearly beat by WVU, Texas was nearly beat by WVU.  WVU beat OK State, they kept the Texas Tech game close for the most part.  what I mean by all of this is that WVU is a mess this year and they've kept it close or beaten the "ranked" teams from the Big 12.  For Baylor to play them in the coming weeks isnt impressive because none of them are really all that good.