loren

How did you find Vinyl Collective?

1,113 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, freezeflash said:

I found out about VC about 6 or 7 years ago through Suburban Home Records, Apparently I signed up for the message boards in 2010 but this is my first post. Long time lurker and collector over here.

Another Capital Region alum!  I live in Delmar man!

freezeflash likes this

Good afternoon!

I joined the vinyl side about 2 years ago now. It was at that point that I realized due to my website, I wasn't buying music much anymore. The vast majority was sent to me digitally. So, I figured, buying them on CD wasn't going to benefit me personally, as I'd just pop it into iTunes and move on, so as I had a turntable, it was time to go vinyl.

Now, about 150 or more later...I wonder if I made the right choice. haha.

I'm also doing vinyl specific music reviews as well and was hoping to get a bigger audience for those.

Click Here For My Site

I googled vinyl forum and I this one came up. It wasn't attached to any vinyl mail clubs, so it seemed the right place to go.

I found this place 5 minutes ago.  I'm trying to get my head around Dan Auerbach's new album Waiting On A Song and needed some guidance, other opinions to help formulate my own, so punched my topic into the search engine and here I am.  I also spend a lot of time on Reddit - VinylReleases forum, researching, digging, hunting for vinyl, so it looks like Vinyl Collective has now become part of that research base.  

Hi all. :)

I was a member of another forum, and only for a few weeks, out of the blue they ended my membership.  Dont know why, did not do anything wrong only had a few post. Tried to rejoin, tossed again, so I was looking for somewhere else to enjoy and found this place.  Brand new as of tonight. Still not sure what happened, glitch or someone hates me that I dont know??

Chris