Stand-up comedy (Formerly I hate Mencia)

I've always wondered if Dave Chapelle is bitter that his bowing out of the spotlight basically gave this asshole his big break. I also wonder if it kills him that many of the people who loved his brilliant sketch comedy are the same people eating up Mencia's bullshit racist brand of humor.

Really too bad to lose a great act and replace him with a hack.

I don't enjoy Ned Holness (AKA Carlos Mencia) any more than any other comedian whose entire wealth of material is based on one subject alone ("I'm mexican!", "My Indian Parents don't understand things!", "I'm overweight and hence enjoy food!").

But the fact that his stuff is stolen, AND it's predicated on the fact that he's mexican (and he isn't) makes it that much more wrong.

I've always wondered if Dave Chapelle is bitter that his bowing out of the spotlight basically gave this asshole his big break. I also wonder if it kills him that many of the people who loved his brilliant sketch comedy are the same people eating up Mencia's bullshit racist brand of humor.

Really too bad to lose a great act and replace him with a hack.

Totally agree. Sucks

I don't enjoy Ned Holness (AKA Carlos Mencia) any more than any other comedian whose entire wealth of material is based on one subject alone ("I'm mexican!", "My Indian Parents don't understand things!", "I'm overweight and hence enjoy food!").

But the fact that his stuff is stolen, AND it's predicated on the fact that he's mexican (and he isn't) makes it that much more wrong.

exactly. Well i never liked mencia to begin with, he isn't a GEORGE LOPEZ. I know George kinda makes his heritage the whole point of discussion in his jokes, but the thing is, he's mexican and unless you grew up in a traditional mexican household, alot of the jokes aren't gonna be that funny to some. Mencia's jokes were just lame in general, so i never really got into him.

But Rogan is just an asshole thoughl. He called him out, but he is a complete asshole about olot of other things. Rogan's almost like a bully in a way. Though Rogan is fucking funny as shit and a nice guy unless you cross him, He's still a fucking bully.

Guest kylewilliam

dennis leary is awesome on rescue me, but it doesn't take away from the fact his ENTIRE standup routine is just rehashed Bill Hicks jokes. go on youtube, its really irritating.

where carlos mencia and dane cook steal jokes, denis leary stole bill hicks' jokes, personality, swagger, and persona in general.

Denis Leary, Carlos Mencia, and Dane Cook all need to die in a plane crash.

Two things, first off don't wish death on anyone, that's just lame. Secondly, Rescue Me is an awesome fucking show.

I was being facetious.

And I wish I could make my whole career by ripping off the greatest comic of all time. The fact that Bill Hicks died and Denis Leary became a star is a cruel prank by the universe.

Two things, first off don't wish death on anyone, that's just lame. Secondly, Rescue Me is an awesome fucking show.

I was being facetious.

And I wish I could make my whole career by ripping off the greatest comic of all time. The fact that Bill Hicks died and Denis Leary became a star is a cruel prank by the universe.

Fair enough but comedy like music is derivative too. I mean Jerry Seinfeld just did pussified George Carlin stuff and made ridiculous amounts of money.

I was being facetious.

Fair enough but comedy like music is derivative too. I mean Jerry Seinfeld just did pussified George Carlin stuff and made ridiculous amounts of money.

And, well, I hate Jerry Seinfeld and his awful show, too.

dennis leary is awesome on rescue me, but it doesn't take away from the fact his ENTIRE standup routine is just rehashed Bill Hicks jokes. go on youtube, its really irritating.

where carlos mencia and dane cook steal jokes, denis leary stole bill hicks' jokes, personality, swagger, and persona in general.

he does use alot of hicks stuff.. that i do agree.. he also uses his hand gestures too. iv'e noticed