New quility record players

I took one of those Projekt ones home from my parents' store (they own a home theater store) to check it out. Sounded great, but unless you buy the $100 accessory, you have to manually remove the plate and move the belt to switch speeds. That's way too much work.

wow I didn't know that. Kinda fucked up if you ask me.

I took one of those Projekt ones home from my parents' store (they own a home theater store) to check it out. Sounded great, but unless you buy the $100 accessory, you have to manually remove the plate and move the belt to switch speeds. That's way too much work.

Just like any other audiophile grade turntable.

Its not fucked up, it provides better motor isolation and therefore less vibration which directly leads to a better sound.

i cant help but laugh whenever someone thinks this is a major inconvenience.

Guest scriptedrain

i cant help but laugh whenever someone thinks this is a major inconvenience.

He didn't say it was a major inconvenience, he's just too lazy to own a player like that with other ones available.