ELLIOTT SMITH's XO and FIGURE 8 LPs being REISSUED

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, The Saint said:

I don't understand why Bong Load released Figure 8 as a single LP. It didn't sound good. Hopefully these new reissues will sound much better. But they could have done 45RPM for the double LP. Don't understand why they didn't. 

You're the first person I've seen saying it didn't sound good...care to elaborate?

13 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

You're the first person I've seen saying it didn't sound good...care to elaborate?

My copy was noisy. Even after a cleaning. Tons of popping and noise at parts, which is hard to ignore on an Elliott Smith album.  And I chalked it up to the fact that it was 18 tracks on a single LP.  Sold it because of that.

3 hours ago, The Saint said:

My copy was noisy. Even after a cleaning. Tons of popping and noise at parts, which is hard to ignore on an Elliott Smith album.  And I chalked it up to the fact that it was 18 tracks on a single LP.  Sold it because of that.

For an alternate take, mine sounds fine with no clicks and minimal noise.

edit: I also got mine for ~$24. I can't see anyone spending much more than that one these things.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

Just checked it out, and yeah, the prices are better, but its $18.17 for shipping to the US. That puts the total at $72.15 for both. That's more reasonable than the $89 from uDiscover, but still way more expensive than it needs to be. I'm a sucker for colored/clear vinyl, but for $40, you can have both new presses sent to you with 2 day shipping from Amazon.

2 minutes ago, Jlegg said:

Just checked it out, and yeah, the prices are better, but its $18.17 for shipping to the US. That puts the total at $72.15 for both. That's more reasonable than the $89 from uDiscover, but still way more expensive than it needs to be. I'm a sucker for colored/clear vinyl, but for $40, you can have both new presses sent to you with 2 day shipping from Amazon.

I think I linked the UK store, maybe try the US store and it will be cheaper.