Juke box hero

That is seriously fucking sweet. I've wanted a juke box for the longest time, but it seems to be a rather hefty investment. I plan on having one at some point in my life, though. I'm in love with yours. The lights are incredible and it's so much more awesome than a standard bubble glass front one. Amazing. I am jealous.

That is very fucking cool!

How old is it?

It looks a lot nicer than those round ones...(in my opinion)

How many 45's go in it?

Dit it come with 45's?

Do you have to throw in a quarter every time to play a song?

It holds 50 singles (100 selections)

They gave me 50 singles, mostly 80s stuff

There's no coin box attached, so it's strictly free play

That is seriously fucking sweet. I've wanted a juke box for the longest time, but it seems to be a rather hefty investment. I plan on having one at some point in my life, though. I'm in love with yours. The lights are incredible and it's so much more awesome than a standard bubble glass front one. Amazing. I am jealous.

Thanks man. I spent more than I wanted to, but it was local enough to pick up and it's truly one of the nicest looking ones I've seen. I couldn't pass it up.

thats pretty awesome man. does it play both large and small hole 7"s? can you throw some of your current favs in there?

Large hole only. I plan to put a good mix of oldies and newer stuff in it. But I'm only putting doubles of my new stuff in there. Ever see what a jukebox does to a single over time? It isn't pretty. I know I have doubles of some Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc.

An old jukebox and an old car? Details!

I'm 60!

Nah, the car is my dad's, I'm storing it in my garage for him over the winter. And my dad has over 20,000 singles and probably close to 10,000 albums, hence my vinyl addiction. I would give him this jukebox for Christmas, but my mom would never allow it unless it was downstairs with all his records. Kind of pointless to have a jukebox right next to your record player, in my opinion.

Ever see what a jukebox does to a single over time? It isn't pretty.

I did not know this! What happens to the records?

It puts a strange swirl pattern in the vinyl. I'll try to dig one up and take a pic. I already took the records that came with it over to my dad. In fact, he made the comment that some of them had been in a jukebox before. I didn't tell him I bought it yet.

Please tell me that this is totally awesome and you wish you had it. I spent a ton on it and I need positive reinforcement!

That's fucking sweet!

Here's a pic of the model I have (Seeburg 222 [1958]):

[image]

Holds 160 selections and has Stereo sound. I need to get it slightly restored when I have some more cash (some of the chrome, etc).