post your set-up thread

Nice!  Is that a Pro-Ject Carbon?

Yes it it.

And how do you like the Sprout?

I love the sprout! Its very compact, which is great. it's nice to have equipment that doesn't take up much space that also sounds great. And I like that there are limited inputs as well, its very simple and straightforward. Here's a pic of the front up close - 

cV3h1Ysl.png

I have a quick speaker location question, and i thought that this may be a good thread to ask....

We recently purchased a new tv stand and temporarily put my turntable inside a lower cabinet with my speakers on top, next to my TV. I realize that this set up isn't ideal, but are there issues i should be concerned about with either the turntable in a cabinet or the speakers on the same unit? Any advice would be appreciated, and please let me know if there is a better thread for this question.

Your concerns are valid, speakers should not be on the same furniture as your turntable

This. You need to keep the things that vibrate isolated from each other.

In one obvious sense this is impossible because everything sits on the same floor but by putting things on different pieces of furniture and using things like spikes on the bases you add in levels of isolation between the equipment.

Also with better turntables things like isolation have been engineered in but a bit more always helps.

IMG_1345_zpsc8zhhcvz.jpg

Everything is jam packed for now and it makes me claustrophobic just looking at it.. want to

get a vertical stand, and obviously just more space period so my speakers won't be on the same surface as the record player (never realized that was a big no-no until I started reading on this site, should've been obvious though..) Looking at upgrading everything but that receiver

eventually

Couple quick shots of the Sonus Fabers I just picked up. Wooo! These really fit well with my taste for speakers. I have pretty bad tinitus, so finding speakers that don't fatigue my ears quickly without sacrificing high end extension has been a challenge to say the least. Spent literally all weekend listening to these and didn't get worn out once.

image_zpsxtfnhpl9.jpeg

image_zpsgddqbzjv.jpeg