salparadise

post your set-up thread

I am looking for a PL-55.(I believe that's the model #). It looks like yours, but much more bulkier. I bought one from a shop 2 years ago,but had to trade it back. It wouldn't play the last song on a side all the way through. I was so damn bummed.

The 55 is very similar, but I don't think its wood all the way up to the platter. I think its black on top.

I've just started upgrading my set and the only thing that got replaced so far is the turntable.

[image]

At the moment I'm using my dad's amp and my ex speakers that I sold to him

[image]

but I'm planning on getting the Harman/Kardon HK 3490 receiver and Heco Victa 700 speakers in the near future. Does anyone have any experience with those? I haven't actually had a chance to hear them yet, but from what I've read they should do me well.

The only thing I'd trade it for would be a vintage McIntosh MC275.

That is trully my dream amp.

I went to the needledoctor last week and they suggested that I use this:

http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/it.A/id.770/.f?sc=2&category=214

I'd be careful. Stylus brushes can damage if you aren't steady.

The more passive the cleaning the better, IMO. But my hands have always been a little shaky, so maybe that's why I shy away from the brush.

I went to the needledoctor last week and they suggested that I use this:

http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/it.A/id.770/.f?sc=2&category=214

The more passive the cleaning the better, IMO. But my hands have always been a little shaky, so maybe that's why I shy away from the brush.

I agree that the more passive cleaning is better, but it's hard to justify $70 on a stylus cleaning device for me. I settled for the $2.50 option heh

this is kinda messy and i gotta figure out where to put everything since i just recently picked up the speakers and got the spec-2 fixed.. but currently this is how it looks until i decide where to put everything / rearrange my room

epos els-3

pioneer spec-1 preamp

pioneer spec-2 power amp

[image]

not pictured:

goldring gr2

(those other speakers are from the logitech Z-5500 for my desktop)

I agree that the more passive cleaning is better, but it's hard to justify $70 on a stylus cleaning device for me. I settled for the $2.50 option heh

Shit! The price went up on that.

You guys have some awesome equipment! My set-up is more of a "Punk-Rock" affair, in the way that it's not very good but I love it more than anything.

[image]

I've actually got more LP's than that but they won't fit on the shelf anymore.

Oh, and here's my poster wall that is growing day by day.

[image]