NHL Discussion

Congrats to the Rags for advancing. Also congrats to the Sens. I know most people didn't even have them making the playoffs, so for them to take the Rangers to 7 games is impressive.

Rangers are locked in against the Caps.

Devils up 1-0 on the Panthers. The winner of this game plays a rested Philly. YIKES.

Bryz is 3-0 against the Devils this year, with a 0.29 GAA and .987 save percentage

Stats don't mean squat in the post season. I'm making another prediction: devils stun philly in 6! Not that I care one way or the other, just calling it as I see it.

I'll back this. Since the Bs are out I'm pulling for the Devils from the Eastern Conference. But really.... Go Nashville!

Also, I get hating the Bs, but hating Thomas? Plus, you gotta like Patrice....

The Devils have no real offense, and Philly is all offense. Philly has no real defense, and that's all that NJ is (+ an aging goalie). I really don't think Philly will have trouble though. I think 5 games, maybe 6 if NJ has a fluke game and scores 4 goals somehow.

You sure you are talking about the 2012 Devils and not the stigma the Devils have carried over the years?

Yes, its the playoffs and the reg season is out the window but they did have 3 30 goal scorers and 2 players players in the top 10 in points. Scoring sure as shit wasn't the problem against the Panthers, it was awful penalty killing, blowing leads and horrendous defense in general. Yes Bryzgalov owned them in the regular season but he has proven how porous he can be.

Scoring is the Devils only chance in this series and with an inconsistent Bryzgalov I wouldn't write them off at all, though they clearly are a heavy underdog.

I think a lot of people are counting NJ out. If they can break down Philly like the Pens did in game 4, which I think they can because they actually have some physical guys, not a bunch of jokers, they could do some damage. Plus, Bryzgalov is only second to Fleury as the worst playoff performer thus far and I honestly have no confidence in that guy stopping anything. I'd love to see NJ destroy Philly.

Regardless, nothing will be shittier then that NYR/WAS series? am i rite?