NHL Discussion

Don't feel bad, we have the twins locked up at 7.5 each for 4 years AFTER this one, and they've fallen out of the top 50...

The Flyers have a lot of bad contracts, too. Lecavalier is on the books for another 4 years. The Mason contract will end up being a bad contract, and they still Chris Pronger on the books for another year. Thankfully, the cap will go up for next year, but they will probably end up overpaying some career 10 goal/year scorer and pay him like he's a 30 goal/year scorer. That's just how the Flyers work.

Callahan for Stewart could go either way though. Stewart is just as gritty and although less talented, actually plays games. I've got a friend who's a Blues fan so I see a lot of their games. I guess he is somewhat of a streaky player but I'd rather have a streaker than a guy who watches from the press box every year. Callahan is great, for sure, but injury stuff doesn't usually get better over time...

I think if Stewart does go to NY, it'll be less than a year before every NY fan loves him. He's fun to watch. Also, it would be hilarious if they got Gaborik back for him instead too. 

Callahan for Stewart could go either way though. Stewart is just as gritty and although less talented, actually plays games. I've got a friend who's a Blues fan so I see a lot of their games. I guess he is somewhat of a streaky player but I'd rather have a streaker than a guy who watches from the press box every year. Callahan is great, for sure, but injury stuff doesn't usually get better over time...

I think if Stewart does go to NY, it'll be less than a year before every NY fan loves him. He's fun to watch. Also, it would be hilarious if they got Gaborik back for him instead too. 

stewart has 1 point in the last month

HAHAHAHA kings get shutout again while outshooting philly 35-13

hahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhajahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhhahahahhahahahhahahahhahaha

Wanna fight?

Yeah, I'm drunk.

hahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhajahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhhahahahhahahahhahahahhahaha

Wanna fight?

Yeah, I'm drunk.

at least kopitar is scoring...

Hey they beat the number 1 team in the nhl. Granted we had a bad game but you guys were impressive!

They love to do that! Win a big game like that but then lose a game they should win. I'm hoping for the best! If they can play like they did against the Ducks each night (maybe hitting the net more and a few less posts) then they could really do it.

Big money on 4 or so guys and then just hope to fill in the rest of the holes (Not saying the Penguins haven't done a good job of that).

oh yeah, though, pens really only have 3 huge cap hits (crosby, malkin and letang), everyone else is 5 mil or less.  though with Orpik and Niskanen UFAs this summer and Fluery UFA next, it'll be interesting to see what they do moneywise. 

Well i feel that's kind of the MO of most successful teams

Chicago - Toews, Kane, Keith

LA - Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Richards, Quick

ANA - Getzlaf, Perry (its amazing how much value they get out of the rest of their roster, fuckers)

BOS - Lucic, Chara, Rask, Krejci, Bergeron

well the carter/richards were PHI-negotiated contracts, right?  or did they re-negotiate?