NHL Discussion

1 hour ago, Battra said:

It's being reported that Ken Hitchcock will be making his return to Dallas.

May the gods be kind to the rest of us.

Mark mah words, Big D goes to the playoffs next year. In the Central Division, things are only getting tougher.

Not with Dallas' goaltending as it is. They'd be stupid not to make a move for a legit goalie though....

When it came to his own zone, Shatty wasn't ever captain awesome.

And Hitchcock's defense is a five man unit, not a 2 man.

He's going to find a hungry Dallas team ready to start winning again. Then players will start buying into his system, which works or they'll be shipped out.

Dallas makes the playoffs next year. No question.

13 hours ago, ianmonsta said:

If anyone else is interested in doing this, get your brackets in today.

I tried for over an hour to sign up. I think NHL.com's servers were down because I just couldn't get in the bracket in time.  I was trying to sign up about an hour before the 7:00 games started so maybe their servers couldn't handle all of the traffic. There is always next year.

4 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I tried for over an hour to sign up. I think NHL.com's servers were down because I just couldn't get in the bracket in time.  I was trying to sign up about an hour before the 7:00 games started so maybe their servers couldn't handle all of the traffic. There is always next year.

My buddy had the same issue, if you want in we can just do it the old fashion way and you can send me your picks

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kylekrische said:

damn if only the Habs had a smooth skating defenceman who could get the puck out of the zone and activate the offense. oh well. 

Yeah, looks like a really bad trade, even more so for the years to come. And to think that some people thought that Beaulieu made PK expendable.

Also, screw Pacioretty for once again disappearing when it matters the most. Best captain ever! 

And finally, I picked to Habs and the Wild to go to the Finals in the bracket, so that makes me the biggest idiot I guess.

Edited by mesi

53 minutes ago, mesi said:

Yeah, looks like a really bad trade, even more so for the years to come. And to think that some people though that Beaulieu made PK expendable.

Also, screw Pacioretty for once again disappearing when it matters the most. Best captain ever! 

And finally, I picked to Habs and the Wild to go to the Finals in the bracket, so that makes me the biggest idiot I guess.

dude brackets are a roll of the dice. I don't think many had the Rangers winning and now they're laughing their way to a conference final 

2 hours ago, kylekrische said:

dude brackets are a roll of the dice. I don't think many had the Rangers winning and now they're laughing their way to a conference final 

Yeah, I know that it is totally based on luck, I just thought that it was cruel that both of my picks bowed out in the first round, and even on the same night.

Was too bad the Leafs lost, but they put up a helluva fight. The fact that they lost 3 of 4 games in OT, and shots, goals, chances, were pretty close to even, says a lot. 

I don't think anyone is embarrassed at their showing, and hopefully means good things going forward.

Also, it was insane/hilarious how literally everyone abandoned the Jays and Raptors for the Leafs. Went from last year not being able to get Jays tickets for under $40, to $6 lower bowl tickets to games. 

Last night in St. Louis was not what I was hoping for.

Side note, one of the two refs, Francois St. Laurent, he and I were drunk together in a bar in Peoria, IL in 2006 when he was still an AHL ref, the next year, he made it to the tweener list, then after that he became a full timer.

So, there's that.