NHL Discussion

On 5/7/2017 at 7:37 AM, kylekrische said:

I'm cheering for the Ducks because of Carlyle and Bernier. Anywhere ex-Leafs go i'm pulling for them. Especially when Leafs nation obliterated Carlyle and he's literally coaching like a chess master right now against McLellan. 

I think it's safe to say you've already won the bracket challenge.

4 hours ago, Team Avatar said:

I thought no team would play worse than the blues in the third, when their season was on the line, but the caps proved me wrong.

It's all on them. Like everything was trying to help them. Kessel snaps his stick on an odd man rush from he spot he always scores from. Hits the post earlier on the pp. Holtby stopped what like 4 odd man rushes in the third? Couldnt finish. 

Edited by kylekrische

I get that the onus is on Ovechkin and how he can't produce points when they matter, but no one on the team stepped up and took charge.  Maybe Holtby ( he let one questionable one in, but stood strong.  ).

It's so disappointing, every damn year.  I don't want them to trade Ovi though.  Or Oshie.  ugh!

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

.eJwlxFEOgyAMANC7cABqS1H0NgQIanQQ2n2Z3X1

cant tell if this is SFW or NSFW but open at your own discretion. 

Got my friend to make this one so i could put it on the nhl reddit. figured here would be a good place to put it as well.

the penguins relationship with the NHL refs

Edited by StrangeTerrain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, kgry said:

Silly season is off to a fun start. Not sure I know wtf the Hawks are doing except possibly trying to get younger. Both trades so far are bizarre, although I don't know much about the people we got in return except for Saad. Panarin will be a loss. I suppose we could bring up Debrincat.

More action now than there was at the trade deadline. Interesting to see if any more deals happen. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This season i'm trying to raise $5 and run 1KM for every Leafs goal for the hockey charity You Can Play. If you want to follow or even donate check it out:

Fundraiser: https://chimp.net/groups/run-over-the-buds

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RunOverTheBuds

Edited by kylekrische

3 hours ago, kylekrische said:

This season i'm trying to raise $5 and run 1KM for every Leafs goal for the hockey charity You Can Play. If you want to follow or even donate check it out:

Fundraiser: https://chimp.net/groups/run-over-the-buds

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RunOverTheBuds

I'll donate $5 for every goal the Leafs score tonight. 

Was gonna make you do something embarrassing because clearly you hate the Leafs, but I love the cause, so it's just a good excuse to donate.

• 3 months later...

How the fuck did Marchand only get 5 games AND they're letting him play in the All Star game? Fuck this guy. The guy's been suspended 6 times and fined another 3. Marchand is probably the dirtiest player still in the league.

Raffi Torres suspensions
2011 - 4 games - hit to head
2012 - 2 games - hit to head

2012 - 25 games
2013 - remainder of series
2015 - 41 games

Brad Marchand suspensions
2011 - 2 games - elbowing
2012 - 5 games - slew foot
2015 - 2 games - slew foot
2015 - 3 games - clipping
2017 - 2 games - spearing