NHL Discussion

Kessel had 3 more points than him but Crosby had 3 GWGs in the playoffs, hard to say one really deserved it over the other, but more importantly Jones kept both players from having just stupid huge point totals for the finals.  Had SJ won he would have gotten the Con Smythe.  He was incredible.

I'd have loved to watch Kessel win that award, but you can't deny Crosby's presence was dominant in the finals, regardless of his points total.  

crosby did alot that didnt turn into direct points. I will give him that. The HBK like, and specifically kessel was like a man possesed to dominate every round.  I get the crosby pick but i also agree that was kind of the obvious one.

what makes me most happy and excited is this pens team is all here next year for the most part. Unlike shero, rutheford found pieces to the puzzle and they werent rentals. As excited as i am for that win last night ( i probably got as much sleep as the team did). Im even more excited to see what next season brings. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, mesi said:

Yeah, that is a joke of a return.

Personally I am so disgusted with the Habs trading Subban, I don't even know what to say..

just as horrible as the hall trade.  The two worst trades in the modern era, within minutes of one another.  I'm fucking disgusted.  Going to try to not think about hockey for a while now.  

My jaw dropped a lot today. Terrible return for the Hall trade. Serious WTF with the Subban one.

As a Leafs fan, I'm not too sad to not get Stamkos. Would have been great to see him in (slightly different hued) blue and white, but at the cost he would probably go for, it wouldn't be worth it down the line. Plus, there will need to be a few talented players making their way out of Tampa to other teams soon...

Also, now bring on the Tavares - Leafs rumours.

Chia has now traded the 1st and 2nd overall picks of the 2010 draft now. And people thought the Sequin trade was bad...

There's really no explanation. Hall is elite and that return is a fucking joke. I'm sure there are 28 GMs in the league who could have offered more.

Subban for Weber is also a head scratcher. What a trade for Nashville. Shea Weber is under contract for 7.8M until 2026. Yes, a fucking decade from now. MTL gets a dman on the downswing and NSH gets one of the best in the game who is only getting better. What blatant disrespect from the Canadiens. It's actually just so fucked, I wish them only the worst going forward. 

7 hours ago, converge88 said:

I cant believe yzerman was able to seal the deal with Stamkos for only 8.5 a year.

The state of Florida doesn't have income tax, so I'm sure that was a factor. Also the teams interested in him really don't appear to be immediate contenders (not a very good excuse or validation), but good deal for sure.

14 minutes ago, ianmonsta said:

I LOVE Lucic and am so bummed we weren't able to keep him but man that contract is gonna be rough in a couple years.

I don't love it but Ladd is 3 years older and got basically the same contract.  I wouldn't say a couple years.  It's possible his play could drop off a cliff in 2 years, but if we get 4-5 good years from him, than its a win.  Everyone assumes because he plays a *heavy* game that his game will almost immediately decline.  He's a proven 1st/2nd line scorer.  I think he's 62nd in 5x5 points per 60min since 2012, which doesn't include his 30 goal year.  

21 minutes ago, ianmonsta said:

You don't have to sell me on him and sometimes you gotta pay to get but that NMC when he's 36 could hurt, not to mention the massive raises McDavid and Draisaitl are gonna need.

The most depressing tweet I saw was the one that pointed out Draisaitl played 188 minutes without Hall and had 3 points, in the 800~ minutes he played with him he had like 48 or something.