Be jealous

That's nice. We used to be loaded with good shops. Albums on the HIll, Wax Trax, Bart's CD cellar in Boulder, then Wax Trax Denver, Double Entendre, and Twist and Shout in Denver. Also there's Black and Read in Arvada, which is in the metro area and has tons of great stuff ( I got an original "Poacher Diaries" lp there (not the repress) for like $4.

Now a bunch of those places are gone. Still, Bart's is doing a grip of business from what I overstand.

Hey oakland, which places are still around/worth hitting up? I'm going to be in Denver the 5th-10th and I'm sure I can squeeze in some good old fashioned record shopping while I'm there.

Wow...i live in PA, an hour and 15 from this place. I've heard of it, but never realized what an insane amount of vinyl he actually had. I've have to take a trip down soon...

While we're on the subject of cool record stores. I'll be in Chicago 2/2 for the HWM show at the Metro. My bus gets to Chicago early (2:30pm) that day and I was wondering if any one has any suggestions for record stores to visit before the show around or between Union Station and The Metro?

That's nice. We used to be loaded with good shops. Albums on the HIll, Wax Trax, Bart's CD cellar in Boulder, then Wax Trax Denver, Double Entendre, and Twist and Shout in Denver. Also there's Black and Read in Arvada, which is in the metro area and has tons of great stuff ( I got an original "Poacher Diaries" lp there (not the repress) for like $4.

Now a bunch of those places are gone. Still, Bart's is doing a grip of business from what I overstand.

I'm kind of disappointed with denver record stores lately, it seems like ever since twist and shout moved they shrunk the vinyl section, and I havent found anything good there since then. black & read is my favorite, I almost always pull a gem out of that place. I miss double e.

is barts still around? I only went there once and it's been a couple years. I def dropped some money at that place.

Just went there today...they didn't have anything that caught my eye...

I must of missed you I just got home from there, got Municipal Waste- Hazardous Mutation and Danger Doom

I was there probably around 1pm or so...funny that you mention that Municipal Waste record...I actually held it in my hands and chuckled at the cover...

I almost entertained the thought of going to Radio-Active Records in FTL but opted against it...next time...

I must of missed you I just got home from there, got Municipal Waste- Hazardous Mutation and Danger Doom

I was there probably around 1pm or so...funny that you mention that Municipal Waste record...I actually held it in my hands and chuckled at the cover...

I almost entertained the thought of going to Radio-Active Records in FTL but opted against it...next time...

I like backbone, the guy who runs in, Nunzio is a really really nice guy. Radioactive is cool, but I havent been able to find much recently

If you're mainly interested in modern punk/indie, don't waste your time, you won't find tons of it. But if you want to pick up affordable used copies of damn near anything from the 50s through the 80s, this place is unbelievable. Massive amounts of rock, hip-hop, etc. It's insane. I'm in love with the 45s, personally. I spend 80% of my time going through them. Last time I focused on early 90s singles. The clerk even made mention of how I was snagging all the singles that were pressed in very small quantities. It's worth the trip for any vinyl/music lover. Just bring lots of cash (it's cash only) and lots of time!

Oakland - the record store scene in Denver/boulder used to be amazing. Double Entendre was the best store ever - I was sad to see it close down. I used to buy a ton of stuff from Wax Trax in Boulder when I went to college up there. Is Albums on the Hill still around?