Has anyone heard about the Led Zep box set?

In the words of Screeching Weasel... I hate Led Zeppelin.

I too, really, really hate Led Zeppelin. However, I didn't want to be the Debbie Downer by saying they sucked so I just posted the info about the 200 gram reissues (which almost sound cool enough to buy them, despite their exceptionally high level of suckitude).

I'd like to hear a rational and educated reason for why you guys hate Led Zeppelin. I am just curious to hear some reasons that hopefully go beyond the childish reason of "oh they just suck!"...

Its personal taste, do we really have to have anymore reason beyond that? However, since you asked...

Robert Plant's vocals... can't stand them. They absolutely get on my nerves. Seriously, I can't reiterate this enough, I hate, hate, HATE this man's voice. Probably my least favorite rock vocalist of all time.

Robert Plant's lyrics... stupid. I admit, I haven't studied most of their songs, but I've heard most of their stuff over the years and a lot of it was just cheesy. Don't get me started on the words to Stairway...

Oh yeah, Stairway to Heaven is a snoozefest.

Get rid of Robert Plant and you might have a pretty decent rock band, as they are good musicians, but again, it just doesn't interest me. I refuse to get on my knees and suck the cocks of "legends" like Zeppelin, Hendrix, Joplin, etc. I respect their place in rock history, but that doesn't mean I have to like the music.

(If this sounds hostile at all, its not towards you, its just I really hate Zeppelin and I'm thinking of an argument I had three weeks ago in my rock history class about this band with some douchebag who was in love with them).

I hate Led Zeppelin because I cannot stand Robert Plant's voice and I they're lyrics are too mythical and fantasy based. I'll admit that Jimmy Page shreds. My father is a huge Led Zep fan and used to play them constantly when I was younger and the more I heard them the more I disliked them. Also, where I grew up, the people who were really into Led Zeppelin were total a-holes, so that may have something to do with it. Those same people are now part of the Dave Matthews crowd.

Guest kingbuzzo

I don't hate the band but I think they are highly overrated. I'm willing to say that their first 3 albums are great and after that there are some songs scattered about that are good. Most of my problem comes from the fact that people think they're amazing but they have a ton of songs that plain suck. The music gets boring and the lyrics are highly silly and not in a good way. However, I love live stuff to a point. That dvd that came out a few years ago I think is amazing and the "How The West Was Won" cd is also great, especially when driving through rural parts of Ohio.

Hey guys...I'm not taking any offense whatsoever...I know it's not personal at all.

I agree that being "personal taste" is enough of a reason. I was curious to see if anyone had any specific reasons...which as I can see Kyle and Andrew do...and that's cool.

My main issue is with people who denounce or dislike a band on their pretext/reasoning that the band "sucks"...it's such an easy cop-out excuse to dislike a band. Granted, it's personal choice and whatnot but to say that band whatever sucks is such a hollow and asinine reason. I have learned in my years that no band sucks...no matter how much I may dislike them...why I say that? My reasoning is that if they can play instruments (even not very well) and have the cojones to play in front of people, then they have skills and some level of talent...whereas I do not have skills whatsoever. So for me to say that they suck and have no talent would be a very uneducated critcique. Yeah, it may be a flawed ideology but that's how I feel about it...

But thanks for sharing your reasons for hatin' on Zep...you guys need to seriously reassess your tastes in music....I AM SO JOKING IN THIS!!!!!!!

Guest scriptedrain
Again, wrong forum. Jeff, come spazz out in here, it's allowed.

I didn't know moderating = spazzing out. But for future reference, I will never need your permission to do anything.

I had no idea this box set existed. I'd love one, all of the used LZ records at my local record store are written on from previous owners and I just can't get myself to fork over the cash for copies like that.

all of the used LZ records at my local record store are written on from previous owners

Funny you say that...all of my copies of Led Zep, Pink Floyd, and other 70's rock records that I got from my dad have his name written on them. Him and my uncle used to fight over their records when they were younger and resorted to labeling them in order to establish ownership...the records still play great which I am more concerned about...

Guest scriptedrain
all of the used LZ records at my local record store are written on from previous owners

Funny you say that...all of my copies of Led Zep, Pink Floyd, and other 70's rock records that I got from my dad have his name written on them. Him and my uncle used to fight over their records when they were younger and resorted to labeling them in order to establish ownership...the records still play great which I am more concerned about...

See that's a different situation to me. That's cool because they're passed down from your dad. You're his family and know the story about why they're written on (not to mention you didn't have to pay for them). I don't want to buy some random stranger's copy.