Collection Growth

I was looking through my photobucket for something, and came across a picture of my records from the Summer of 2006. And it was so tiny back then, granted comparatively to other posters, I'm sure what I've got is measly. But this might be fun.

Post pictures (dates too, if possible or at least time span) to show how much your collection has grown.

[image]

June 25, 2006

[image]

December 22, 2007

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been buying "punk" records since late 03. I didn't get into collecting too much til 04/05, just prefered records to cds and never had money for either. I'm just so shocked at the growth from one crate, to two crates, to three crates, to a monster shelf in a little over a year. I can't wait to have walls and walls and walls of records.

I've got about 2 crates worth, but before July I only had about 10 records. I had bought a few randomly over the past 5 years, but once I found this place my wallet was immediately emptied. I as well have dreamed of having my own music library since I was really young. I just realized I liked vinyl more than CDs after I had tons and tons of CDs.

I've got about 2 crates worth, but before July I only had about 10 records. I had bought a few randomly over the past 5 years, but once I found this place my wallet was immediately emptied. I as well have dreamed of having my own music library since I was really young. I just realized I liked vinyl more than CDs after I had tons and tons of CDs.

God, I was a little bitch about my cds, back in the day. I counted them every single day, had them in alphabetical/chronological order, much like I have my records, but I mean I was hysterical about my cds. It was stupid. I only had like 300, but I had nothing else to be insane about at that time. I have less than 50 cds now,and I am cutting way the fuck down.

I haven't even bothered to look at the store on here too much, because I know that too many cheap records will add up and I'll be in overdraft city for a year.

Compared to other boards, there is little drama here...so far...

All I will say is that I have been listening and collecting vinyl since '88/'89 or so...not a very large collection (as I am very particular about the bands I collect) when compared to some others' here...but I will confirm that every since joining VC I have dropped some major bank on new and old vinyl...being here pretty re-sparked the passion in the hobby...

this is a nice thread,

i started collecting last year. I've grown alot but i'd love to see osme bigger collectors pictures from beginning to end

i thought it might be a fun thing.

I really just love seeing floor to ceiling wall to wall stack crate upon crate upon crate of records everywhere, it drives me insane and makes me want to buy more and stop caring about absolutely everything else.

awww how cute and tiny.

my collection has now outgrown a 4x4 ikea shelf and i am going to pick up a 5x5 one soon.

i like tiny things. putting it on the shelves really made it pale in comparison to how much it looked like before.

whatever, shit's grown 3x what it was in a year. suck it.