What video games have you been playing?

people's thoughts on MGSIV: guns of the patriots? i remember playing it and really loving it as a conclusion to the series, with old snake and the plot arc/bosses/ending sequence, i thought that was pretty close to being perfect, but also being kind of bummed at how many location changes there were because it really cut into the consistency of the game, which is something all three previous MGS games had in spades. there were some cool locations but it all felt too broken up. 

it'll probably take me awhile to do MGSV because I haven't played ground zeroes yet and I want to do a replay of Snake Eater first, but i'm already so stoked to play it just on merit of an open world, and a return to the feel of having a mission in a zone. 

My brother and I pulled out the Rock Band instruments the other day and played for the first time in years. I did terrible. I used to be able to play on expert with no problems and now my hand is cramping up after two songs. haha.

I just picked up Metal Gear Solid V and it's a ton of fun.

I've never played an MGS game before in my life. Some fellow VCers who have got me hyped on the new release a few weeks before it came out. I spent 1 day reading the insane impossibly complicated and convoluted backstory online before buying the game.

I haven't had any issues. The games haven't come out chronologically so everyone is already confused based on timelines etc. You're no worse off reading some good summaries and jumping in than if you've been playing them for the last 20 years.

Buy it! The gameplay is absolutely superb if you like stealth and 3rd/first person shooters. It's my favorite game of the year so far.

I played metal gear solid for ps1 back in the day. One of my favorite games of all time, beat it so many times. For whatever reason that is the only game I played. After watching so much story explanation I still feel a bit lost. Ended up picking this up for PC and I gotta say it's really awesome. At some point I will have to go back and play the other ones but I agree that it seems most people who even played the old ones are kinda lost story wise.

I've played a LOT of MGS V over the past week+, in an attempt to burn myself out before a week long vacation.  I've completed all the story missions, everything but about 50 side ops, and I'm still missing 8 animals.

There are a few missions (not many) that are actively frustrating, and one especially that is a garbage dump of terrible. But, for the most part it is an excellent game. I think the second half of the story is a little weak, and the first half ends too quickly, but it is what it is!

Without MGO (coming October 6th) I don't know how much more I'll be playing MGSV, aside from attempting to finish out some of the side ops I have left here and there.  The FOB base invasion stuff does absolutely nothing for me, and 3 of the 4 times I've successfully connected to the servers I have lost connection mid-invasion which counts as a loss.

Still, great game, a TON of development options (especially late game, there is so much stuff that isn't shown in the development menus (even the "?" boxes are not the only things missing).

Been a wild ride :)

Been playing the shit out of Mad Max lately. Never seen any of the movies or anything, but my coworkers convinced me to try it out. It's fun for now, but I have a feeling it won't have much replay value once I finish the story.

All this talk about MGSV makes me want to go and get it. Damnit.

Been playing the shit out of Mad Max lately. Never seen any of the movies or anything, but my coworkers convinced me to try it out. It's fun for now, but I have a feeling it won't have much replay value once I finish the story.

All this talk about MGSV makes me want to go and get it. Damnit.

Fuck that game, go watch Fury Road!

Finally got around to playing the beta for Fable Legends... I really miss the feel of the original Fable series. It looks amazing graphic wise and the music is good (as always). Game-play was different and the whole relying on coop kinda sucks. Mainly that I like solo games now and I'm extremely introverted and don't want to "make friends".