What video games have you been playing?

My Rock Band 4 PDP Wired Legacy Adapter came in last night so I was finally able to play drums with my ION kit...well worth waiting over a year! I forgot how much fun this game is to play on Expert drums. I'm still waiting on my external HD to come in before I download my legacy DLC.

My Rock Band 4 PDP Wired Legacy Adapter came in last night so I was finally able to play drums with my ION kit...well worth waiting over a year! I forgot how much fun this game is to play on Expert drums. I'm still waiting on my external HD to come in before I download my legacy DLC.

6 minutes ago, museummouth said:

No one else is playing FFXV??

With the past few releases being so lackluster I have been holding off to see some reviews and maybe a price drop. How is it?

I got Steins;Gate 0 in the mail yesterday and goddamn that is going to be rough to get through. I have a feeling it will be even more emotionally taxing than the first one was given the premise of the game. Made it about two and a half hours in last night,

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I wish. I really need to get a PS4. Hopefully after Christmas. Persona 5 is what I'm holding out for, but it keeps getting delayed :/.

This too. It's actually getting a set in the weeb card game I play but I don't want to play the set until I play the game because there almost has to be spoilers. 

Totally bought ten boxes of ReZero though, no regrets.

7 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

I am - only about 5 hours in though.  Has a Final Fantasy XII vibe to me so far (I consider that to be a really good thing).

I actually really like the gambit system in FFXII. The remaster for PS4 looks awesome. It's the Zodiac version, so there are job systems and new stuff. I forgot the name of the crazy boss in it, but it looks fun as hell. I still need to play FFX remastered too, to fight the dark aeons and penance.

Edited by Thomas³

8 hours ago, Holo said:

With the past few releases being so lackluster I have been holding off to see some reviews and maybe a price drop. How is it?

I got Steins;Gate 0 in the mail yesterday and goddamn that is going to be rough to get through. I have a feeling it will be even more emotionally taxing than the first one was given the premise of the game. Made it about two and a half hours in last night,

i really need to finish steins;gate. it kinda lost me early on. i probably just need to start over and plow through it.

28 minutes ago, batman said:

i really need to finish steins;gate. it kinda lost me early on. i probably just need to start over and plow through it.

Yeah, it's almost like two separate stories because there's a drastic tone shift at a point. Don't want to spoil anything so I won't say more but plow through it for sure. Or just watch the anime.

i was just thinking earlier how it'd be nice if you could use save states on retropie... aaaaand just stumbled upon the quick menu and hotkeys. hot damn. not my first rodeo with emulation and save states can take the fun (and challenge) out of things if abused, but for some of the older arcade games, that'll be quite nice. 

edit: and game genie/cheats. wow wow wow.

Edited by batman

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Even in spite of few concrete details so far... if you're not feeling the hype for Death Stranding, you're really fucking up.

I do need to grab FF15, still.

that DS trailer looks awesome. have no idea what's going on, but it looks cool.

i asked for FFXV for xmas from my mother-in-law. really hope she delivers. i've heard good things from several people that i trust.

7 hours ago, batman said:

that DS trailer looks awesome. have no idea what's going on, but it looks cool.

i asked for FFXV for xmas from my mother-in-law. really hope she delivers. i've heard good things from several people that i trust.

If you haven't seen it yet, Kojima debuted a new clip yesterday.  There are some really cool theories going around that the game may be set in purgatory / limbo, but I'm loving the general aesthetic, whatever it may be.

Two more days... makes me even more stoked for the movie!

And speaking of Star Wars games, my brother got me some early Christmas presents on Steam: Empire At War, Galactic Battlegrounds, and Rogue Squadron (the latter two which I played a TON out of on my family's old PC and my N64 respectively as a kid). Sweet ol' nostalgia...