What video games have you been playing?

My friend told me about this PS4 bundle deal.  I went all in and paid $15.  I still haven't tried out half of them, but it's not a bad deal.  Some decent stuff, some not so much, but it supports a charity too. ;)

https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle

Edited by curator

19 hours ago, curator said:

My friend told me about this PS4 bundle deal.  I went all in and paid $15.  I still haven't tried out half of them, but it's not a bad deal.  Some decent stuff, some not so much, but it supports a charity too. ;)

https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle

Did that as well when it started. Mainly for the Destroy All Humans games. 

On 4/13/2017 at 10:41 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

I got Lego Worlds from Best Buy for like $16, but I'm a gamers club member. I think it's $20 at GameStop if you'd rather have a physical copy.

That's not bad... it's like $20 digitally right now anyways. Hopefully they can get some IP DLC's going or something for it, although that might interfere with Dimensions.

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I've been playing Lunar Silver Star Complete on PSX...

It's been fun  having some late night gaming sessions while spinning records...and drinking beer. :)

I finished LSSC....jeez...almost 20 years ago now...but I never did finish Lunar 2...which is in the up next pile.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, marc32137 said:

Finally got around to playing Resident Evil 7 and I really enjoyed it. I have no idea how anyone could beat it in under 4 hours, though 

Multiple playthroughs. Eventually you'll have every item and be able to scoot right through it. I thought the same about RE5, you get unlimited rocket for a 4 hour completion. Wasn't half as hard as I thought it was gonna be. 

On 5/7/2017 at 9:29 PM, marc32137 said:

Finally got around to playing Resident Evil 7 and I really enjoyed it. I have no idea how anyone could beat it in under 4 hours, though 

I did it in my second playthrough. There's a video of a guy doing it in and hour and a half on YouTube and I just followed that and played on easy. Most enemies you just run past.  I think I finished in just under 2.5 hours. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm thinking of picking up a PS4 soon. Any good multiplayer games people play? I have not played a FPS in 7 years, but I'd be down for CoD remastered if it is released on it's own.

It's rumored to be getting a standalone release but I have a feeling it won't be till around the time WW2 comes out.

Now would be the best time to buy a PS4 though because the Crash Bandicoot remasters release at the end of June. 

6 hours ago, rooks said:

Got a Switch for my birthday. First Nintendo console (Gameboys excluded) since N64. So psyched! First Mario Kart since 1 (8 deluxe), first Zelda since OoT (BotW), and bought Disgaea 5 Complete yesterday because I'm a sucker for JSRPG games. Having a blast.

If you don't have it for another system, check out The Binding of Isaac. Great twin-stick shooter, and if you find the first run version for the Switch (has a sticker on the shrink that says "stickers included" or something), it has a Zelda type manual, and a bunch of stickers. 

I'm picking up Ultra Street Fighter 2 on the Switch Friday. I'm stoked. That was the only game I ever had on my OG gameboy, so it'll be sick to have it on the Switch. 

I need to pick up Mario Kart and Disgeae  really bad. Still trying to find time for Persona 5. I decided to finally force myself to finish the Last of Us since it has been sitting on my hard drive for a while and experience the story but holy crap, this game is not fun. I'm still trying to get used to the combat after putting in at least 20-30 hours during various attempted playthroughs. I also need to try Horizon and Nier out still. 

Edited by Bronchitis

43 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I need to pick up Mario Kart and Disgeae  really bad. Still trying to find time for Persona 5. I decided to finally force myself to finish the Last of Us since it has been sitting on my hard drive for a while and experience the story but holy crap, this game is not fun. I'm still trying to get used to the combat after putting in at least 20-30 hours during various attempted playthroughs. I also need to try Horizon and Nier out still. 

I'm glad someone else feels that way about TLoU...I finished it, but had pretty much half as much fun as everyone else seemed to.

14 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'm glad someone else feels that way about TLoU...I finished it, but had pretty much half as much fun as everyone else seemed to.

I called it overrated and someone jumped my shit over it. The story is fucking INCREDIBLE but it controls like shit and the pacing is really bad. I don't understand why it doesn't control like Uncharted. 

15 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Disgaea is really fun so far - seems overwhelming it being my first but they do a good job of intro-ing the tons of mechanics one by one. Only suggestion when you do pick it up is don't grab the characters from the "Special Content" shop since all the DLC is free and available day 1 in the Complete version - the characters are wayyyy OP. I grabbed them and just don't deploy them now because it made the first few stages a joke.

Sad to say I have persona 5, really enjoyed it for a while, and then just stopped 2-3 main missions in. It's a realllly long game and all the walk-around-and-do-stuff-only-on-your-free-time mechanics got really tiring. there's only so many times i can take 2 trains or fast travel walk to a restaurant and watch my character eat a burger to try and gain some stat points and then be told that's all the time I have time to go to bed. Got old pretty fast :(

Kart is fun as always.

I did not love Horizon. It's beautiful and the mechanics/controls are great but the story is not excellent, and it gets old really fast. The gear is soooo limited it's a real bummer imo. I got the maxed out gear through the hunting challenges before progressing the story at all and then just got bored when there was nothing else to chase aside from quests.

Nier is weird. It was.... good but also bad. The story is interesting, the gameplay is generally fun... but you have to play through 3-20 times to see everything because your characters change a few times... but playthrough 1 and 2 are practically identical short a few mechanics and i got to the last boss on playthrough 2 and moved on to other things. It's laid out poorly in that you get burnt out playing the same storyline unless you're really into the complicated chip/upgrade system or something. Meh.

Edited by rooks

Thanks for the tips! I need more to play on my Switch. BotW lost my attention after the 50 hour mark so now all I have been playing is Binding of Isaac. I totally understand how you feel about Persona. I am at the third palace I think (30ish hours in) and lost a lot of interest after dealing with the time management mechanics. It is an absolutely beautiful work of art and I love the story but I don't enjoy the anxiety of managing time. 

I don't feel like I am part of the demographic for Horizon at all but I still want to check it out to see what the fuss is about. I've heard the platinum is very easy to get so maybe that is indicative of how streamilined it is. I'm kind of in the mood to look at some really pretty visuals right now so maybe I'll borrow it from a friend soon. 

I played the Nier demo and it felt kind of off. Maybe I'm used to Dark Souls and other games with more weight to your swings but Nier reminded me a lot more of God of War style hack and slashes. I'm sure that was intended and I will just have to be in that mindset if I play it. It seems like the multiple playthrough thing is pretty polarizing and personally not the kind of thing I would enjoy.