What video games have you been playing?

another baby ass yoshi game. just once i'd like to see a badass yoshi game.

Rabbids being a tactical game is kinda cool. will look for more info on that one.

Rocket League for Switch! That's pretty baller.

Mario odyssey looks awesome. Changing into enemies is a really cool twist. AND out 10/27! Way earlier than I expected. 

Edited by rooks

20 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

No Metroid fans in here, huh? I'm stoked for Prime 4 and a new side scroller on the 3DS!

Prime 4 announcement was great. I've held off on buying a 3DS for so long even though I've always wanted one. Today with that Metroid 2 remake or whatever it should be called, I am going to finally pull the trigger. Screw the Switch (well not really, just for now). I'd rather buy a 3DS for much cheaper and experience a rich library of games for a fraction of the price. Been dying to replay Zelda games from my childhood and tons more on the virtual console.  But if Nintendo proved anything today it is that the Switch is here to stay so I'll pick one up at some point next year--perhaps once we get a release date for the Pokemon game?

I'll snag a switch at some point for the new games that have been shown. Stoked for that Spiderman game for PS4 though!

I like all this cute Yoshi shit! He's an adorable like guy. I'm pretty stoked for a bunch of stuff. I don't keep up with video game announcements throughout the year though really.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'll snag a switch at some point for the new games that have been shown. Stoked for that Spiderman game for PS4 though!

I like all this cute Yoshi shit! He's an adorable like guy. I'm pretty stoked for a bunch of stuff. I don't keep up with video game announcements throughout the year though really.

He's cute for sure, but, when your main experience with him was smashing people in the face in OG smash and everyone of his main games is like little kids tinker toys\yarn\etc.  Mehhh. He's a badass! He deserves more.

Even Kirby games, while made for kids, have a little more oomph to them then the Yoshi games.

11 minutes ago, rooks said:

He's cute for sure, but, when your main experience with him was smashing people in the face in OG smash and everyone of his main games is like little kids tinker toys\yarn\etc.  Mehhh. He's a badass! He deserves more.

Even Kirby games, while made for kids, have a little more oomph to them then the Yoshi games.

I guess. My main experience with him was 1)as mario's "horse" and 2) in the first Yoshi's Island

6 minutes ago, rooks said:

exactly lol. DS2 dlc is brutal. especially compared to the main game.

I breezed through the base game so easily. Most bosses were first attempt, and the only area that got me steamed was the area on the way to Demon of Song. Fuck that area the first time through. But yeah, I'm at Blue Smelter now. Getting to him is just as much of a pain. Only had time to attempt him once today, but he'll go down when I home from work. Working towards platinum for sure. 

19 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I breezed through the base game so easily. Most bosses were first attempt, and the only area that got me steamed was the area on the way to Demon of Song. Fuck that area the first time through. But yeah, I'm at Blue Smelter now. Getting to him is just as much of a pain. Only had time to attempt him once today, but he'll go down when I home from work. Working towards platinum for sure. 

That Demon of Song area used to be sooooo much worse (but it's still bad.)

yeah, DS2 is hard enough to be exciting, but it's a first-or-second-try type of game rather than multiple like the others tend to be.

1 minute ago, rooks said:

That Demon of Song area used to be sooooo much worse (but it's still bad.)

yeah, DS2 is hard enough to be exciting, but it's a first-or-second-try type of game rather than multiple like the others tend to be.

The clumsiness kind of disappeared too as I went on which was nice. I read somewhere that the higher your speed, the more iframes you get, so that's interesting. 

On a side note, I'm gonna go grab Ratchet and Clank after work, cause nostalgia.   

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

The clumsiness kind of disappeared too as I went on which was nice. I read somewhere that the higher your speed, the more iframes you get, so that's interesting. 

On a side note, I'm gonna go grab Ratchet and Clank after work, cause nostalgia.   

Yeah, adaptability increases how fast you chug estus and how many iframes you get on your rolls.

15 hours ago, batman said:

@Dave Grohl have you fought the Darklurker yet? because fuck the Darklurker.

and yeah, the DLC is absolutely brutal. there are a few bosses that i will never ever ever fight again. you think getting to blue smelter is bad, just you wait...

I haven't. I have gotten real nerdy with my DS2 progress by making a google spreadsheet to keep track of shit. Haha. Oh oh fuck, hahhahhhaha. That'll be interesting. 

Been playing GTA V all week. I think it's my third time through the story, even though I've never owned it, and I'm still loving it. Forgot how much fun it is. Gonna trophy hunt Ratchet & Clank at some point. But I can't wait for Crash Bandicoot. Man, that's gonna be such a good nostalgia trip.