What video games have you been playing?

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Been playing GTA V all week. I think it's my third time through the story, even though I've never owned it, and I'm still loving it. Forgot how much fun it is. Gonna trophy hunt Ratchet & Clank at some point. But I can't wait for Crash Bandicoot. Man, that's gonna be such a good nostalgia trip.

Dude I don't know what to do with myself for the next week until Crash comes out. I'm so fucking excited. Did you see that each game has its own platinum? Got me even more stoked. 

20 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Dude I don't know what to do with myself for the next week until Crash comes out. I'm so fucking excited. Did you see that each game has its own platinum? Got me even more stoked. 

Yeah, man! I love that, cause I love trophy hunting. It's so much fun. I was just thinking to myself wondering what kind of trophies it's going to have. I honestly have been this excited for a game since DSIII, and certainly not this excited about any remakes / remasters (SotC I'm more excited about now that it has been announced, but still). I'm gonna be playing Crash every, damn, day. The thing is, my lady will be here while Crash is released so I won't have time to play it until like two weeks after hahaha. I'm gonna be itchingggggggg.

27 minutes ago, yarostino said:

I searched for it at different places including Amazon UK and just couldn't find it earlier today. Not even a "sold out" page. Do you have a link? 

The best advice I can give is to head to HotUKDeals.com and check out the listing's there. People will post up when pre-orders open in places, but like last year it's selling pretty fast. You can set up alerts on there (or via the app) or even just keep a tab open on the Gaming category for new items and just refresh it every so often. I managed to grab one for a friend from the Nintendo UK Store as birthday present today from doing all three! Lol

As for retropie, I agree it's cheaper and more expandable, and I actually had a Pi zero and a Pi 3 before my NES mini, but I think I just prefer the simplicity of the NES mini. I've had to reinstall retropie a handful of times if something is buggy and it can be a long process with a lot of roms involved. I like it for PS1 games, but for a quick game of Zelda, Castlevania or Metroid etc, I definitely prefer the NES mini.

29 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

The best advice I can give is to head to HotUKDeals.com and check out the listing's there. People will post up when pre-orders open in places, but like last year it's selling pretty fast. You can set up alerts on there (or via the app) or even just keep a tab open on the Gaming category for new items and just refresh it every so often. I managed to grab one for a friend from the Nintendo UK Store as birthday present today from doing all three! Lol

As for retropie, I agree it's cheaper and more expandable, and I actually had a Pi zero and a Pi 3 before my NES mini, but I think I just prefer the simplicity of the NES mini. I've had to reinstall retropie a handful of times if something is buggy and it can be a long process with a lot of roms involved. I like it for PS1 games, but for a quick game of Zelda, Castlevania or Metroid etc, I definitely prefer the NES mini.

thanks for the tips!

1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

Just got shipping email from Best Buy for Crash Bandicoot. 11 year old me is stoked right now. 

Amazon charged my card overnight/this morning. Fucking ecstatic. 

I actually came here here to post that Crash is coming to X1 in December. It's been a rumor for months, but was always very likely considering Activision owns Crash, and he was in Skylanders. I'm stoked to get three platinum trophies and 1000 gamerscore. 

Playing Elder Scrolls Online (PVE only), Dark Souls 3, Friday the 13th (just started), The Division, and now Ori on Xbox One. 

Always looking for decent people to play with. Skill is less important to me as I'm not great at most games anymore. GT: Kannibal. I usually play weeknights and through out the weekend. Hit me up here or on XBL. 

If you have games sitting around that you aren't gonna play, GameStop is doing 70% bonus credit if you trade 6 or more games. I know most people like to shit on GameStop, but I took 9 games and got $213 credit. Most of the games were worth under $10 before the bonus, so I killed it. Saw a dude trade in about 20 games and get $1500 credit, no bullshit. I picked up Forza Horizon 3, $75 in Microsoft cards, a $25 PSN card, and still have a ton leftover. 

7 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

It's finally time to replace my old 32" 720p TV from 2009. What TV is everyone using for gaming? I'm only looking for a 1080p TV around 40" (not interested in 4k). Looking for good picture quality, low input lag and a decent price. Any suggestions?

I know some (probably most) people enjoy gaming on a 40" or smaller - but just as a note, input lag isn't solely tied to screen size anymore. I game (pretty competitively...) on a 55" 4k Vizio M-Series.  Everything online says the input lag is very low (I can never tell) but I've been playing with it for over a year and a half with no issues.

Anyway I know you probably prefer the smaller screen, just saying, you don't have to settle if you don't want to!

Slowly working through my game backlog (which will only be put back on hold next week when Final Fantasy XII comes out).

Finished the last Deus Ex game.  Really enjoyed it, but thought the general difficulty really spiked for the last couple sections, which made it a bit of a grind to get through.

Played the newest Mass Effect and really enjoyed it.  Can certainly see how a lot of the sidequests are a bore/grind, I played some of them but mostly just focused on story missions. 

Hoping to finish up Witcher 3 tonight (I hit the "are you sure you want to continue? after this point some story missions will not be available" message like three nights ago; thought I was nearing the end, but that was probably 6-7 hours of game play ago) - really, really great game; not sure if I'll pick up the DLC now, only because I'm not sure if I'll have time to play it completely between now and next Tuesday.

Still have Nioh (unopened), Persona 5 (20 hours in), Final Fantasy XV DLC, and a couple of Atlus PS4 games still to play.

Edited by iwokeinrelief

4 hours ago, rooks said:

I know some (probably most) people enjoy gaming on a 40" or smaller - but just as a note, input lag isn't solely tied to screen size anymore. I game (pretty competitively...) on a 55" 4k Vizio M-Series.  Everything online says the input lag is very low (I can never tell) but I've been playing with it for over a year and a half with no issues.

Anyway I know you probably prefer the smaller screen, just saying, you don't have to settle if you don't want to!

I only use my TV to game, and rarely a movie so 40" is enough for me (plus the room my TV in is tiny, so 55" would be too big). I'll look into Vizio's though. Thanks.