What video games have you been playing?

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I only use my TV to game, and rarely a movie so 40" is enough for me (plus the room my TV in is tiny, so 55" would be too big). I'll look into Vizio's though. Thanks.

Haha my NYC apartment is tiny and my TV does not fit, but, it is my main one and we use it for everything, so makes sense. But definitely check out Vizio I highly recommend them, for both price and function.

14 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

It's finally time to replace my old 32" 720p TV from 2009. What TV is everyone using for gaming? I'm only looking for a 1080p TV around 40" (not interested in 4k). Looking for good picture quality, low input lag and a decent price. Any suggestions?

People's opinions are cool, but check this site out. They cover all aspects of the TV including videos showing the results of their tests. They also buy all the products off the self. No endorsements, advertisements, or "review models".

www.rtings.com

They also in depth reviews of headphones, as well.

Edited by kannibal

Picked up Borderlands Handsome Collection at long last from Gamestop for $15 this weekend.  Played the hell out of BL1 and BL2 back in their respective days, but hadn't played Pre-Sequel yet.  Honestly it kind of misses the mark for me.... same gameplay and all but I found the characters to be pretty lifeless and forgettable.  So, switched to BL2 and having a fine time again. 

Hope we hear a BL3 announcement in the near future. It's awesome playing a game that doesn't take itself too seriously (or seriously at all) and is still fun with tons of milestones and constant progression. Hugely satisfying after so many VERY SERIOUS games.

3 hours ago, rooks said:

Picked up Borderlands Handsome Collection at long last from Gamestop for $15 this weekend.  Played the hell out of BL1 and BL2 back in their respective days, but hadn't played Pre-Sequel yet.  Honestly it kind of misses the mark for me.... same gameplay and all but I found the characters to be pretty lifeless and forgettable.  So, switched to BL2 and having a fine time again. 

Hope we hear a BL3 announcement in the near future. It's awesome playing a game that doesn't take itself too seriously (or seriously at all) and is still fun with tons of milestones and constant progression. Hugely satisfying after so many VERY SERIOUS games.

Yeah, BL2 is always a good time.  And your comments around the pre-sequel are spot on: it's still a BL game, but it's just "off" enough that I never could muster the interest to finish it.  Would love to see a BL3 announcement.

Cannot wait until FFXII tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

Yeah, BL2 is always a good time.  And your comments around the pre-sequel are spot on: it's still a BL game, but it's just "off" enough that I never could muster the interest to finish it.  Would love to see a BL3 announcement.

Cannot wait until FFXII tomorrow.

Happy to hear I'm not the only one - most of the complaints I had read were based around the fact that the humor was "aussie specific", which I didn't really feel was the problem. I got the jokes, I just didn't think they were that great. No one was over the top enough to be a true blue BL character, so it killed my enjoyment of it.  Went back to collecting badonkadonks for Tiny Tina in BL2 and I feel right at home.

I got the Handsome Collection as well just to play pre sequel because I have the backwards compatible BL2 with all DLC. I have to agree, pre sequel isn't that great.

I'm currently drowning in my backlog and am considering not buying any games besides the preorders I already have. Right now I'm working on Crash Bandicoot, Nier, The Walking Dead TellTale series (on my first X1 play through of season 2), trying to get every achievement in Tekken 7, and a ton of other shit. It's fucking exhausting. 

Finished Persona 5 last night. It was great, and a lot easier to get the true ending in it than the previous games. Trying to decide between FFX, FFXII, or KH2 next. The FFXII remaster just came out, so might wait on it until it's cheaper. 

Edit: Anyone play Nier: Automata? It looks really interesting.

Edited by Thomas³

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Finished Persona 5 last night. It was great, and a lot easier to get the true ending in it than the previous games. Trying to decide between FFX, FFXII, or KH2 next. The FFXII remaster just came out, so might wait on it until it's cheaper. 

Edit: Anyone play Nier: Automata? It looks really interesting.

I keep waiting for nier to get around $20. Looks super cool

6 minutes ago, batman said:

I came to post this for the late night crowd. FCC approval must be in, expect all the other retailers to start popping up any time as well.

28 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I came to post this for the late night crowd. FCC approval must be in, expect all the other retailers to start popping up any time as well.

still there... i wonder how many they have/how much longer it'll last. i didn't really *need* one, but i'm sure it'll eventually be as impossible to get as the NES mini and it'd be cool for my girls--a lot more user friendly than the Pi.

edit: aaaaaaand it's gone

Edited by batman

37 minutes ago, batman said:

still there... i wonder how many they have/how much longer it'll last. i didn't really *need* one, but i'm sure it'll eventually be as impossible to get as the NES mini and it'd be cool for my girls--a lot more user friendly than the Pi.

edit: aaaaaaand it's gone

I think it was up around 45 minutes. I'm sure nobody here was even paying attention. Twitter notifications and not going to bed early are key for stuff like this.

1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

Picked up Shadow of Mordor GOTY on that PSN sale a couple weeks back for $4. Just booted it up yesterday and found out my save file from the original version isn't compatible. :o

It has a completely different trophy/achievement list too, so it's essentially a totally different game as far as your console is concerned.