What video games have you been playing?

14 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It has a completely different trophy/achievement list too, so it's essentially a totally different game as far as your console is concerned. 

Yeah I probably should've researched this before buying, but it was only $4 and it's been years since I played the original so it won't be too bad starting over. 

27 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Yeah I probably should've researched this before buying, but it was only $4 and it's been years since I played the original so it won't be too bad starting over. 

I didn't know until i got it during that same sale. Luckily I had played it on Xbox previously so I knew I was starting over anyway. 

1 hour ago, thebiglebowski said:

Breath of the Wild

It's good, but I feel like it was a bit overhyped. It's basically every other Zelda game that I've ever played from Ocarina on with just a much bigger map.

it was a great game, but it did away with some of the things that i adore about zelda games. no dungeons still hurts my heart. 

On 7/19/2017 at 2:35 PM, Thomas³ said:

Finished Persona 5 last night. It was great, and a lot easier to get the true ending in it than the previous games. Trying to decide between FFX, FFXII, or KH2 next. The FFXII remaster just came out, so might wait on it until it's cheaper. 

Edit: Anyone play Nier: Automata? It looks really interesting.

Been thinking about trying Persona 5 out, sounds really good.  

Looking for recommendations for PS4 games.  I like RPGs and 3rd/1st person games with RPG elements - really like games with either a focus on exploration or at least some sort of worldbuilding that lends itself to exploration.  

Games I've played that I really enjoyed: SoulsBorne games; Witcher 3; everything Final Fantasy; new Mass Effect (yes, I actually liked it); Nioh; Persona 5; Fallout 3/4 (liked 4 less than 3, but love just ambling around the wasteland).

What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein?  Need something new to play.

Just beat Resident Evil 4 HD on PS4. I've beaten the game a million times, and love it more each time (except the damn escape part at the end always fucks me up). About to run through Ada's stuff, then might attempt the last Trophy I need. Never played it on Professional, so it will be fun, frustrating and whatever. At least I'll have the suit of armor for Ashley.

RE5, while not my favorite, is on sale for $10 on gamestop (digital download). Might play it next.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:26 AM, iwokeinrelief said:

Looking for recommendations for PS4 games.  I like RPGs and 3rd/1st person games with RPG elements - really like games with either a focus on exploration or at least some sort of worldbuilding that lends itself to exploration.  

Games I've played that I really enjoyed: SoulsBorne games; Witcher 3; everything Final Fantasy; new Mass Effect (yes, I actually liked it); Nioh; Persona 5; Fallout 3/4 (liked 4 less than 3, but love just ambling around the wasteland).

What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein?  Need something new to play.

I think you hit most of the biggies. I don't know of any other to suggest.

Also, I just got a Switch last night, my dudes, and I'm having fun playing Zelda so far. Haven't picked up anything else yet, but I'll probably grab Splatoon and maybe Bomberman within a few weeks.

37 minutes ago, rooks said:

Sonic Mania on the Switch is amaaaaazing. (For anyone who grew up with a Genesis.)

Sick, all the reviews are great. My collector's edition for Xbox is out for delivery, can't wait to crack it open. 

Nicalis is just announced a PS4 physical copy of the Binding of Isaac, so that's tight. They also announced a ton of Switch physical releases, and so far the ones they have put out came with a ton of extras (manuals, stickers, soundtrack mini-CD). Imo, those are the highlights of owning a Switch thus far.