What video games have you been playing?

9 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Slugging my way through RE5 still. I remember kind of enjoying it when it came out, but it's terrible. Not a fan at all. Already sorta getting sick of my PS4 I just bought, and am thinking about selling it. Any cheapish game recommendations? 

I had a bunch of fun with Stryder. I got it on sale, but It'd probably be worth the $15-20 I imagine it goes for. It's a relatively short metroidvania style game.

10 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Slugging my way through RE5 still. I remember kind of enjoying it when it came out, but it's terrible. Not a fan at all. Already sorta getting sick of my PS4 I just bought, and am thinking about selling it. Any cheapish game recommendations? 

If you just bought one, there are tons of cheapish games (finally!). Pretty much everything worth playing that has come out since the release should be discounted at least somewhat by now. Fallout, Battlefield, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Bloodborne, the Dark Souls series, TLOU, Uncharted, Bioshock remasters, get Evil Within 1 before 2 drops, Witcher or Final Fantasy if that's your thing, Overwatch, I wouldn't buy Destiny 1 with 2 so close on the horizon but it's probably dirt cheap...

Pretty much everything should be discounted by now.

9 hours ago, rooks said:

If you just bought one, there are tons of cheapish games (finally!). Pretty much everything worth playing that has come out since the release should be discounted at least somewhat by now. Fallout, Battlefield, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Bloodborne, the Dark Souls series, TLOU, Uncharted, Bioshock remasters, get Evil Within 1 before 2 drops, Witcher or Final Fantasy if that's your thing, Overwatch, I wouldn't buy Destiny 1 with 2 so close on the horizon but it's probably dirt cheap...

Pretty much everything should be discounted by now.

This. I bought my PS4 in February and have still only paid full price for like one game.

44 minutes ago, batman said:

missed out on every chance so far... damn

Today has been a shit show. I happened to be awake still when Best Buy randomly dropped them last night but then the blood was in the water so every other drop today has been crazy. Been trying to help my friends score some with little luck.

Just now, dantheriver said:

Today has been a shit show. I happened to be awake still when Best Buy randomly dropped them last night but then the blood was in the water so every other drop today has been crazy. Been trying to help my friends score some with little luck.

yeah i placed an order on one of the bundles from the gamestop app earlier. got charged twice on PayPal but i haven't gotten an order confirmation from gamestop. figured i'd email them after things die down a little bit to take care of the duplicate and make sure i actually have a valid order.

16 minutes ago, batman said:

yeah i placed an order on one of the bundles from the gamestop app earlier. got charged twice on PayPal but i haven't gotten an order confirmation from gamestop. figured i'd email them after things die down a little bit to take care of the duplicate and make sure i actually have a valid order.

Or just sell the extra to me ;)

Gamestop was doing in store pre orders today for the classic super nintendo. I was at work and luckily the closest Gamestop to me is only a few minutes in walking distance so i ran over to see if they were doing pre orders & i got lucky and got one in. The guy at the counter said that they were only getting 6 classic super nintendo's in and i was number 5. It took me so long to get my hands on the classic nintendo, so im glad i was able to grab the classic super nintendo 

1 hour ago, arcjesseh said:

Gamestop was doing in store pre orders today for the classic super nintendo. I was at work and luckily the closest Gamestop to me is only a few minutes in walking distance so i ran over to see if they were doing pre orders & i got lucky and got one in. The guy at the counter said that they were only getting 6 classic super nintendo's in and i was number 5. It took me so long to get my hands on the classic nintendo, so im glad i was able to grab the classic super nintendo 

Say "classic super nintendo" one more time.

Congrats.

15 hours ago, arcjesseh said:

I went to pick up the new Uncharted game yesterday and there was a sign on the door at GameStop saying they had reached their PO limit for the SNES. Probably stopped at least 20 people from going in just yesterday alone. 

If any Switch owners were on the fence about Mario+Rabbids, it's totally worth it. I've played it for multiple hours every day since Tuesday, and don't get sick of it. There's a noticeable difficulty spike in the second world that threw me for a loop, and tons of interesting things to find and unlock. I'd dare to say it's more fun than BOTW. 

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

If any Switch owners were on the fence about Mario+Rabbids, it's totally worth it. I've played it for multiple hours every day since Tuesday, and don't get sick of it. There's a noticeable difficulty spike in the second world that threw me for a loop, and tons of interesting things to find and unlock. I'd dare to say it's more fun than BOTW. 

I may have to check this out. BOTW was fun for me for a while, but at this point it's feeling more like a chore. All open world games get to this point for me eventually though, where I don't want to finish the main quest until I've knocked out just about every side quest. I should just finish beat it and then come back at some point to do the side stuff.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I may have to check this out. BOTW was fun for me for a while, but at this point it's feeling more like a chore. All open world games get to this point for me eventually though, where I don't want to finish the main quest until I've knocked out just about every side quest. I should just finish beat it and then come back at some point to do the side stuff.

It's become a chore for me as well. Games start to get so exhausting when you have to set goals while playing. I would set out to get X amount of shrines or something before I turned it off, and it became such a task. 

4 hours ago, marc32137 said:

Got shipping notification for Destiny 2. Looks like I'm getting it a day early. :D

Too bad getting an online only game early doesn't mean anything :\. Servers still turn on at midnight in your region! But, at least you won't be waiting for the doorbell on the 7th  like most people who ordered physical. 

51 minutes ago, rooks said:

Too bad getting an online only game early doesn't mean anything :\. Servers still turn on at midnight in your region! But, at least you won't be waiting for the doorbell on the 7th  like most people who ordered physical. 

Yeah, I'm hoping they'll be up at least a day early.