What video games have you been playing?

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Anyone else sign up for the Dragonball FighterZ closed beta?

I'm actually pretty excited about this. Had a lot of fun in Xenoverse and this looks to be a way better game.

Me!  Really hope I can play it.  One of my most anticipated games currently.  It's been looooong overdue for DBZ to have a fighting game in this style.

Downloaded the "deluxe" Life Is Strange: Before The Storm and played through most of the first episode.  Didn't quite have time to finish it, although if I wasn't someone who felt like I had to go around and "look" at and interact with everything, I probably could've blown through it.  Loved what I've played so far though.  Game-play wise it's the same as the original game minus the "reverse time" aspect.  Dialogue is as corny and cringey as ever too.  Just feels good to see and interact with these characters again.  A couple parts even almost brought a tear to my eye because of knowing the outcome of things from playing the first game.  My one  major complaint so far though (and something I knew about going into it) is that Chloe doesn't have the same voice actor.  She does an okay job sometimes.  At least to the point where I forget it isn't her, but then I always end up remembering soon after.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Cuphead is finally getting released this week? Any else stoked?!

Not my favorite type of genre, and just watching videos/reading reviews, it looks more difficult than most games. But man is the design and music on point...

Actually came in here to post about that.  I'm fucking pumped.  Been such a long wait.

4 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Cuphead is finally getting released this week? Any else stoked?!

Not my favorite type of genre, and just watching videos/reading reviews, it looks more difficult than most games. But man is the design and music on point...

Huh. About damn time. Too bad I'll never get to play is since it's an xbone/steam exclusive and I don't really care to play games on the computer anymore.

edit: I guess I could get it on the computer I use for my tv and just use my ps4 controller.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Huh. About damn time. Too bad I'll never get to play is since it's an xbone/steam exclusive and I don't really care to play games on the computer anymore.

edit: I guess I could get it on the computer I use for my tv and just use my ps4 controller.

It's on GOG also: https://www.gog.com/game/cuphead

Waited in line at Walmart for two hours for the SNES last night. 11th in line out of 29, could've showed up about a half hour later and had the same spot but it was totally worth it. 

On 9/26/2017 at 2:47 AM, Thomas³ said:

I wish I wasn't too cheap to buy a new laptop/pc. I really want to play PUBG.

I know you recently got a PS4 so another system is probably outta the question, but it's coming to Xbox One soon. 

Got about 3 hours in with Cuphead  on my own today.  I'm loving this game so much.  It's definitely hard as fuck and I've died probably going on 100 times by now, but with each boss or run & gun level, there was never a time where I felt I COULDN'T beat it.  Even if it took me 20 times or more, each time I died, no matter how frustrated I might have been, I always felt that I could do it the next time.

The music and animation plays a big part in it too.  I can't get enough.

I'm guessing this is a similar feeling to what you Dark Souls players get.  So satisfying in so many ways.

29 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

It's definitely hard as fuck and I've died probably going on 100 times by now

On "island 2", there's a fountain in the bottom right-ish of the map, he tells you how many time you've died.

But I couldn't agree with you more. I'd probably be raging normally if it wasn't for the beautiful art and soundtrack. (I've been told I'm an old soul, is this is right up my alley!)

21 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

On "island 2", there's a fountain in the bottom right-ish of the map, he tells you how many time you've died.

Oh I know.  I think last I checked was 85 or something like that.  I just couldn't remember if I played any more since I last checked, and if I did, it's garaunteed I added to that number, haha.

Enjoying the hell out of Cuphead as well. Haven't experienced something this new and unique in a while. It's very refreshing. Even after dying on the same boss or level over and over again, it has yet to frustrate me to the point of not retrying it. Been a long time since a game has grabbed me like this.

really contemplating preordering xbox one X, but dat price....

Sold my XB1 this past spring, but now have the itch for video games again.  usually happens when cold weather is approaching.  And I bought a 50" 4K TV and dont even have a HD 4K Blu Ray player so that helps.  Anyone pre-order XB1X?  If it were like $399 I would totally do it, but $500 for a new system is insane for me personally.