What video games have you been playing?

19 hours ago, rooks said:

The campaign is barely worth 5 bucks, imo (BF2). The multiplayer is good except for the lag, horrific progression system, pay2win, and huge number of AFKers in every single match just farming credits.

I own the game and it's a strong Do Not Buy til something (anything) gets sufficiently fixed. 

Supposedly progression was patched yesterday, but I won’t even touch the multiplayer. After trading it in, I’ll have about $7 invested. Cheaper than renting. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I highly recommend checking out Fortnite if you haven’t already. It’s 50% off on both consoles right now, and it’s addictive as hell. It’ll be free-to-play eventually but the wording makes it seem like the campaign will always be paid. 

Free on PC. I've been playing a bit. I'm terrible though.

Bought the Batman Return to Arkham remastered on the One for $10. Been enjoying running through Asylum again.

Finally beat Cuphead a while back! Now trying the "expert" mode, got an "S" rank on The Root Gang, but that stupid blue glob is really tough. Think expert mode adds more health.

Battlefront 2 is in my rotation a bit... hoping for an update to the progression system or something.

Now that it's 2018 I can't wait for more info on State of Decay 2!!!

Ran through FFXV a bit ago. It was pretty fun, but felt rushed.

Have been playing Skyrim and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch for the time being. Pretty fun so far, but holy crap can XBC2 be frustrating sometimes. The quest markers are horrendous, and combat does not get explained well at all.

18 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Ran through FFXV a bit ago. It was pretty fun, but felt rushed.

Have been playing Skyrim and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch for the time being. Pretty fun so far, but holy crap can XBC2 be frustrating sometimes. The quest markers are horrendous, and combat does not get explained well at all.

Agreed on XBC2. Really frustrated by the general setup of that game. Feels like I could really be into it, but I don't like spending 40 minutes diving 12 menus deep to upgrade my shit. It's just unnecessarily confusing and unclear. Everything from upgrades to combat is a guessing game.

Despite all of that the number 1 most frustrating thing is enemies repeating the SAME LINE 60 times over and over while you fight them. Been a few weeks since I picked it up so I can't remember it exactly (thank god) but, if you played it you know what i mean.

Since getting my XB1X I've beaten Titan Fall 2, Wolfenstein 2, Wolfenstein Old Blood/ New Order, and just picked up Prey, The Evil Within 2, and Bioshock.  So far I've only played TEWI2 and not in love with it.  Seems like I'm just walking around in circles trying to figure shit out.  If anyone wants an XBox One copy LMK

1 hour ago, njpunkmusic said:

Since getting my XB1X I've beaten Titan Fall 2, Wolfenstein 2, Wolfenstein Old Blood/ New Order, and just picked up Prey, The Evil Within 2, and Bioshock.  So far I've only played TEWI2 and not in love with it.  Seems like I'm just walking around in circles trying to figure shit out.  If anyone wants an XBox One copy LMK

Traded my copy of Evil within 2 with a quickness because of this same reason. Got what I paid for out of it so I’m not bummed. I just don’t have time to be clueless in a game. 

7 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Traded my copy of Evil within 2 with a quickness because of this same reason. Got what I paid for out of it so I’m not bummed. I just don’t have time to be clueless in a game. 

so happy to hear the exact same thing.  Im going to try and play it all this week to see if I can get into it more.  It took me two hours yesterday just to beat chapter 3.  So frustrating.  This is why I always liked 1st person shooters better.  Less thinking lol.  My girlfriend loves games like Tomb Raider, I'm more of a I just want to shoot stuff kinda guy. 

Edited by njpunkmusic

4 hours ago, rooks said:

Agreed on XBC2. Really frustrated by the general setup of that game. Feels like I could really be into it, but I don't like spending 40 minutes diving 12 menus deep to upgrade my shit. It's just unnecessarily confusing and unclear. Everything from upgrades to combat is a guessing game.

Despite all of that the number 1 most frustrating thing is enemies repeating the SAME LINE 60 times over and over while you fight them. Been a few weeks since I picked it up so I can't remember it exactly (thank god) but, if you played it you know what i mean.

Ahhhh, I often play with the sound low, so that doesn't bother me as much (the repetition). The menus aren't too bad for me, the menus and upgrading in FFXV drove me way crazier.

21 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

so happy to hear the exact same thing.  Im going to try and play it all this week to see if I can get into it more.  It took me two hours yesterday just to beat chapter 3.  So frustrating.  This is why I always liked 1st person shooters better.  Less thinking lol.  My girlfriend loves games like Tomb Raider, I'm more of a I just want to shoot stuff kinda guy. 

Ah I dig the newer Tomb Raider games. I play almost all the FPSs as well. I used to be really into survival horror games, but this generation has ruined them for me. Every scary game now is basically a walking simulator and it pisses me off. 

Everyone saying XBC2 is repetitive, boring, directionless, etc, thank you. I was on the fence about buying it because the reviews are hit or miss. Seems like the game is too. 

On 1/3/2018 at 11:34 AM, museummouth said:

I don’t get TEWI2 hate. Loved the game. Definitely not a walking sim at all and it’s open world design while small was fresh for a survival horror game. Fans of RE4-6 should love that. 

I wasn’t saying it was a walking sim, just saying that’s the big trend in horror games. Also, RE5&6 are junk and fans of those should just avoid anything good. 

so im starting to rethink the evil with in 2.  I couldn't stand it until last night.  8 hours and 8 levels in and im finding myself glued to it.  sure the story and dialog are crap, but once I got the hang of everything its not too bad.  I guess im just used to only playing 1st person shooters.  walk around, shot stuff, done.

How's Prey and Bioshock collection?  I have both of them too and will start after TEWI2

11 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

so im starting to rethink the evil with in 2.  I couldn't stand it until last night.  8 hours and 8 levels in and im finding myself glued to it.  sure the story and dialog are crap, but once I got the hang of everything its not too bad.  I guess im just used to only playing 1st person shooters.  walk around, shot stuff, done.

How's Prey and Bioshock collection?  I have both of them too and will start after TEWI2

Bioshock games are dope but they’re fucking frustrating at times, especially the first two. I need to pick up the remasters. Prey is on my list once it gets under $20. 

Alright: update. I'm 70+ hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I kind of love it. It's still super frustrating and times, and it's definitely cheesy...but it's also super fun. I also don't think I'm even halfway through it at this point.

Alright: update. I'm 70+ hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I kind of love it. It's still super frustrating and times, and it's definitely cheesy...but it's also super fun. I also don't think I'm even halfway through it at this point.