What video games have you been playing?

29 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

So I tried bioshock, but didnt like it.  I now have traded that back in and have no games and signed up for game pass.  Got 2 weeks free and then another month free.  So far Im playing Gears of War 4 which is always fun.  I also have downloaded but not gotten to these yet; Metro, Mad Max, and State of Decay.  

If you didn’t like Bioshock, you probably won’t like Metro. Very similar games, but Metro has more of an emphasis on survival and ammo conservation. Game Pass is where it’s at though, especially if you complete the Xbox Quests and Game Pass Quests. I haven’t paid for game pass yet because they keep giving me $5 rewards for completing Quests.

18 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Game Pass is where it’s at though, especially if you complete the Xbox Quests and Game Pass Quests. I haven’t paid for game pass yet because they keep giving me $5 rewards for completing Quests.

I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING, THANK YOU.

8 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

I actually just broke out my old SNES and started playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past; that game will forever hold up. Prior to that I came off a loooong Skyrim stint followed by Uncharted 4 (which was amazing). I welcome the 16-bit for a nice break.

I’ve been working on Uncharted 4 for months. It’s so long-winded. A soldier chunk could have been removed and the game wouldn’t have suffered, IMO. I’m hoping Lost Legacy doesn’t overdo it’s stay. 

Monster Hunter at 9pm tonight! If you’re buying yours from GameStop, call and see if they’re doing an early release cuz they probably are. 

I think I’ve finally been bitten by the “Bloodborne bug” thanks to @batman.  Beat the first boss on my second try yesterday.  My whole body was shaking and I could feel my heartbeat everywhere, but I did it.  Playing through and beating Cuphead first definitely helped with my confidence as well.

Dragon Ball FighterZ tomorrow!  I think the last time I was this excited for a fighting game was Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.  I cant wait.

27 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I’ve been working on Uncharted 4 for months. It’s so long-winded. A soldier chunk could have been removed and the game wouldn’t have suffered, IMO. I’m hoping Lost Legacy doesn’t overdo it’s stay. 

Really? I beat it casually playing over 2 or 3 weeks, I actually wished it was longer. I'm definitely looking forward to Lost Legacy but need a break from that style of game before I pick it up; the somewhat restricted, linear gameplay just irks me after playing so many open-world games.

1 hour ago, bluethumb said:

Really? I beat it casually playing over 2 or 3 weeks, I actually wished it was longer. I'm definitely looking forward to Lost Legacy but need a break from that style of game before I pick it up; the somewhat restricted, linear gameplay just irks me after playing so many open-world games.

On average, it’s a 15-16 hours story lol. So it’s twice as long as any of the first three. I think six hours is perfect for one of those games, but fifteen is overkill. Lost Legacy is about six hours. I’m not a big fan of this generation’s obsession with sandboxes. I just don’t think it’s necessary for every single game to be a living, breathing environment with 20+ hours of gameplay. Back in the day, that’s why you bought GTA or Shadow of the Colossus, to explore their big worlds. Now you gotta do that in every game just to finish a story run-through. 

On 1/26/2018 at 10:55 AM, museummouth said:

Should I check out Monster Hunter?  Never played any of them before. 

This begs the question. Do you enjoy hunting monsters? If the answer is yes, you'll probably enjoy it.

I've actually never played any of the MH games, but I've always heard some comparisons to souls style gameplay, but not as hard. So third person hack 'n' slash.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

How do I figure out my friend code?

2 hours ago, Secular Haze said:

Let's get it together soon. 

I'm not sure. 

On the home screen, click your icon on the top left for your page and it will show your name and friend code. That's also where you go to add a friend.

Mine is SW-3748-6157- 5981 for anyone that wants to add me :)

Edited by Youinreverse

On 1/27/2018 at 9:11 PM, Youinreverse said:

On the home screen, click your icon on the top left for your page and it will show your name and friend code. That's also where you go to add a friend.

Mine is SW-3748-6157- 5981 for anyone that wants to add me :)

I'll try to get on tonight and add you/get my friend code

Just got Shadow of the Colossus. Never played the original and always thought it seemed really overhyped, but I’ve been closely watching this remake for the past few months and thought I’d give it a shot. It has a 60FPS locked performance mode and 4K cinematic mode, so I chose the performance mode.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:31 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Just got Shadow of the Colossus. Never played the original and always thought it seemed really overhyped, but I’ve been closely watching this remake for the past few months and thought I’d give it a shot. It has a 60FPS locked performance mode and 4K cinematic mode, so I chose the performance mode.

I started the PS3 remake but didn’t get very far—found it overhyped. Picked up the PS4 version for $32 after falling for the hype again and... I love it. Started this evening and have already beat 8 of the colossi. The updated graphics are beautiful and my wife has enjoyed watching as well. The hype is real. 

Edited by batman

8 hours ago, batman said:

I started the PS3 remake but didn’t get very far—found it overhyped. Picked up the PS4 version for $32 after falling for the hype again and... I love it. Started this evening and have already beat 8 of the colossi. The updated graphics are beautiful and my wife has enjoyed watching as well. The hype is real. 

Dude it’s crazy how good the remake is. I still don’t think the original or remaster look fun at all. You just got to where it gets a little tough. I’ve got two to go, plan on taking them down today. 

2 hours ago, dapeebs said:

I have 110 hours in and I still have so much to do, not to mention dlc content. Miss the classic Zelda formula a bit, but still an A+ game.

I’m about 75 in right now and feel like I’ll have to put in another 100 before I am done. I miss the old formula too but this is the only fully open world game I have ever had fun playing. I usually get overwhelmed by sidequests and millions of collectibles but this game has me engaged completely. I’m the kind of person who puts maybe 20 hours (if that) into a game and gives up, so I’m glad to be having so much fun with this one. 

I was super excited for Colossus--been wanting to play it since reading about it in EGM like 13 years ago--but I am extremely disappointed. I was anticipating getting the platinum but as soon as I finished the story I shelved it. The camera and controls are way too frustrating to completely enjoy the game. Maybe I'll try it again in a year or so.  Love the concept though.

SotC was so incredible imo. Also thought it was super easy, but I’m going through time trials and all that and it’s not quite as easy as just a normal play through. 

I just beat Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in the past week. U4 went on far too long, and Lost Legacy was just the perfect length. Gonna work on getting the platinum for Rocket League and Undertale now. 

Just bought the Nicalis run of physical copies of Wonder Boy: A Dragon’s Trap for PS4 and Switch. It’s alright if you like 2D side scrolling platformers. I got them to keep you Nicalis collection complete. Tomorrow I should be picking up my physical copy of the Secret Of Mana remake for PS4 and the Sea of Thieves limited edition Xbox One controller. I’d also like to get the Bayonetta 1&2 combo pack too but I may hold off for a couple weeks.