What video games have you been playing?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone catch that Nintendo Direct? Kinda disappointed myself, considering they announced more 3DS games than Switch games. Hyrule Warriors would be cool I guess, if I weren’t currently playing through Dragon Quest Heroes 2, so I’ll be burnt out on the Dynasty Warriors gameplay by summer. Super Smash will be a buy for me, but idk if I’ll play it much unless people are around. Always thought they were overrated games. 

Best news yesterday had to be Crash Bandicoot coming to Xbox One.

I finished Shadow of the Colossus tonight and loved it. Absolutely stunning graphics, and great storyline, but I agree on the point made by Backpackoat that the controls needed a little work. That got a bit frustrating at times. However, I think I'm going to start a new game + tomorrow and attempt to knock off some of the trophies I'm missing. I might pick up the soundtrack too if its still in stock in a few days. 

Finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole last week and it was incredible. I loved The Stick of Truth and they a great job expanding the gameplay and it's hysterical.

On the VR side, I played Star Trek Bridge Crew with a friend for the first time last night and it was pretty fun.  Also tried Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and that was a blast.

Kirby is coming tonight :)

Been playing Bayonetta (1) and it's pretty fun so far. Still have to play the second one next too. Eventually i'll have to go back and knock out a new game + on XBC2 to get some new blades.

I'm excited, I've got a fuckton of games I'm amped to play right now, so by the time I get to a lot of the other stuff I'm interested in (Monster Hunter, other PS4 stuff) they'll have dropped in price.

I picked up Burnout Paradise Remastered last night, and it’s even better than I remembered. Seriously the most fun racing game ever, and a good break from

Bloodborne. It was between Burnout and Kirby, but I don’t really enjoy the Switch so I went with Burnout.

Next week I have A Way Out and Ni No Kuni 2 coming, then FarCry 5 the following week. So excited. 

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

Wait... I thought you didn’t like “Japanese games.”

You didn't even pull out the quote where he's excited for Ni No Kuni, which is about a Japanese as it comes. :rolleyes:

Maybe he's just changed his tune, though. I can't hold it against someone to decide they actually like really awesome games.

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

You didn't even pull out the quote where he's excited for Ni No Kuni, which is about a Japanese as it comes. :rolleyes:

Maybe he's just changed his tune, though. I can't hold it against someone to decide they actually like really awesome games.

I just quoted the thing about Bloodborne because he said he’s taking a break from it like he’s being loving it.

6 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

I just quoted the thing about Bloodborne because he said he’s taking a break from it like he’s being loving it.

Yeah, I put in about 30 hours in the last couple weeks. Finally got güd and now I’m fuckin’ obsessed. I still don’t like Dark Souls because it’s not aggressive enough. Bloodborne rewards aggressiveness more and I dig it. 

Ni No Kuni is made by my favorite Japanese developer, Level-5. They made Dark Cloud and it’s the best JRPG ever made imo. The first NNK is basically

Pokemon tho, don’t kid yourself. 

I’m just trying to get more into JRPGs cuz I’m tired of microtransaction-riddled messes. I don’t like Persona, just not my thing, and I’m hit or miss with Final Fantasy. Also

not super into Team ICO, I just like the SotC remake. Plus, Sony hasn’t been putting out many non-Japanese exclusives so I didn’t have shit to play on my PS4 for about six months and got tired of it sitting there. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

28 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah, I put in about 30 hours in the last couple weeks. Finally got güd and now I’m fuckin’ obsessed. I still don’t like Dark Souls because it’s not aggressive enough. Bloodborne rewards aggressiveness more and I dig it. 

Ni No Kuni is made by my favorite Japanese developer, Level-5. They made Dark Cloud and it’s the best JRPG ever made imo. The first NNK is basically

Pokemon tho, don’t kid yourself. 

I’m just trying to get more into JRPGs cuz I’m tired of microtransaction-riddled messes. I don’t like Persona, just not my thing, and I’m hit or miss with Final Fantasy. Also

not super into Team ICO, I just like the SotC remake. Plus, Sony hasn’t been putting out many non-Japanese exclusives so I didn’t have shit to play on my PS4 for about six months and got tired of it sitting there. 

I know some folks in here poo-pooed it s little...but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was great I'm home. I've put almost 200 hours into it. It's super fanservicey, but that's my biggest complaint. It's a little slow until you get to chapter 3 too, but super fun if you dig jrpgs. 

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I know some folks in here poo-pooed it s little...but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was great I'm home. I've put almost 200 hours into it. It's super fanservicey, but that's my biggest complaint. It's a little slow until you get to chapter 3 too, but super fun if you dig jrpgs. 

Dude it looks so good but the first thing I was told about it was that it’s a time-sink. If it ever gets a price drop, I plan on checking it out but my plate is pretty full at the moment lol. I’m gonna try to platinum Bloodborne and Burnout before I pick up anything that isn’t already preordered. 

Just now, throughbeingcruel said:

Dude it looks so good but the first thing I was told about it was that it’s a time-sink. If it ever gets a price drop, I plan on checking it out but my plate is pretty full at the moment lol. I’m gonna try to platinum Bloodborne and Burnout before I pick up anything that isn’t already preordered. 

Oh it's totally a time sink! But...in a good way. I finished the game a while back and kept playing from my last save trying to get some of my blade affinities full. Now with ng+ I look forward to picking it up again sometime after I finish Bayonetta 2 and Kirby.

Folks who can Plat stuff have way more patience than I do, that's for sure!

On 3/17/2018 at 9:55 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Oh it's totally a time sink! But...in a good way. I finished the game a while back and kept playing from my last save trying to get some of my blade affinities full. Now with ng+ I look forward to picking it up again sometime after I finish Bayonetta 2 and Kirby.

Folks who can Plat stuff have way more patience than I do, that's for sure!

Oh I give up more times than I finish them, that’s for sure. All my plats are junk games that can be done in a couple hours. No AAA games yet unfortunately. Burnout is actually a super easy plat for being an open world racer. 44% through the base trophy list in about 3 hours. 

5 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I just grabbed shadow of war. I didnt play shadow of mordor so hoping there isint much ill miss. From what I have read it shouldnt be an issue. 

Also got call of duty WWII. 

5 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I keep meaning to pick up a used copy of this

I got the gold edition at launch. It’s pretty good as far as the main story goes, way better than the first if you did play that. Assassin’s Creed style with RPG elements and RNG drops, which was cool until AC Origins did the same and upped the ante for AC. The Blade of Galadriel DLC is fuckin’ trash tho, stealth-based new character is introduced, killing the pacing of the gameplay. Would highly recommend avoiding all the DLC. 

Ni No Kuni 2 is finally out as well, Macho Man! I could only get an hour in today, but the new combat is fucking great. This legitimately feels like a Dark Cloud spiritual predecessor and I couldn’t be happier. Still retains all the charm of the original but it’s highly refined in every aspect I’ve seen thus far. 

6 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I got the gold edition at launch. It’s pretty good as far as the main story goes, way better than the first if you did play that. Assassin’s Creed style with RPG elements and RNG drops, which was cool until AC Origins did the same and upped the ante for AC. The Blade of Galadriel DLC is fuckin’ trash tho, stealth-based new character is introduced, killing the pacing of the gameplay. Would highly recommend avoiding all the DLC. 

Ni No Kuni 2 is finally out as well, Macho Man! I could only get an hour in today, but the new combat is fucking great. This legitimately feels like a Dark Cloud spiritual predecessor and I couldn’t be happier. Still retains all the charm of the original but it’s highly refined in every aspect I’ve seen thus far. 

Nice! I still haven't actually played the first Ni No Kuni, so I'm a bit behind, looks amazing though. Just saw that they're going to release Shinining Resonance for Switch now too, so that puts me even further away from playing stuff on PS4 again which I'm stoked and bummed about at the same time.

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Nice! I still haven't actually played the first Ni No Kuni, so I'm a bit behind, looks amazing though. Just saw that they're going to release Shinining Resonance for Switch now too, so that puts me even further away from playing stuff on PS4 again which I'm stoked and bummed about at the same time.

I probably won’t be getting anything on the Switch till Donkey Kong comes out. I just recently got some PowerA wired Switch controllers that are DK and Bowser themed for only $25 apiece. I think the display said they were Walmart exclusive, that’s where I found them at least.