What video games have you been playing?

19 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I probably won’t be getting anything on the Switch till Donkey Kong comes out. I just recently got some PowerA wired Switch controllers that are DK and Bowser themed for only $25 apiece. I think the display said they were Walmart exclusive, that’s where I found them at least.

I haven't sprung for any of the "pro" style controllers yet. Most of my play time comes in handheld mode while wifey watches TV at night. That's part of the reason I love/play Switch over everything else. I get to hang with her and half pay attention to whatever she's watching, but still get some playtime in.

I'm stoked for DK though for sure. Never went in for the WiiU, so all these parts are new to me!

FarCry 5 is pretty damn sick. Could easily take place in my backyard, as I live in southern Indiana and am surrounding by conservative Christian maniacs. The lady and I just watched Waco earlier this month (highly recommend it) so the similiarites are quite noticeable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like something is up between amazon and Sony. Currently cannot preorder any upcoming PS4 exclusives on disc, and according to a video I watched earlier, Red Dead Redemption2 isn’t available on ps4 either. PSN currency cards are also unavailable. There’s a chance that God of War sold through the day one allotment, but it doesn’t make much sense for Detroit: Become Human, RDR2 and all the PSN cards to be sold out. 

10 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Looks like something is up between amazon and Sony. Currently cannot preorder any upcoming PS4 exclusives on disc, and according to a video I watched earlier, Red Dead Redemption2 isn’t available on ps4 either. PSN currency cards are also unavailable. There’s a chance that God of War sold through the day one allotment, but it doesn’t make much sense for Detroit: Become Human, RDR2 and all the PSN cards to be sold out. 

maybe not happy about the 20% off for Prime member preorders? I got an order in for Detroit, but missed GoW.

2 hours ago, batman said:

maybe not happy about the 20% off for Prime member preorders? I got an order in for Detroit, but missed GoW.

Not sure if that’s it or not since Best Buy still has that stuff for GCU members. I’m waiting on GoW to install right now. May not sleep tonight lol. 

9 hours ago, batman said:

I'm trying to wrap up GoW3. I hadn't ever played any of them and I started with GoW1 a week ago. :lol:

I don’t like the old ones. The new one is incredible tho. I didn’t get far in it before I fell asleep while playing. Don’t expect the new one to be like those. Only thing they didn’t change is Kratos himself. 

15 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Only thing they didn’t change is Kratos himself. 

I know little of the series having only seen some footage of the old ones and watched reviews, but it seems unanimously agreed that Kratos is finally a realized character, fleshed out and dynamic, and not a one-note action hero.  In that sense I would say he’s changed quite a bit, and for the better.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I know little of the series having only seen some footage of the old ones and watched reviews, but it seems unanimously agreed that Kratos is finally a realized character, fleshed out and dynamic, and not a one-note action hero.  In that sense I would say he’s changed quite a bit, and for the better.

I meant they didn’t drop him as the main character, which they could’ve done since this is essentially a reboot after the last couple games didn’t do so well.

You should actually try the game yourself instead of correcting a statement I made about it. You seriously do this in any thread regardless if you’re even remotely interested in the subject. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I meant they didn’t drop him as the main character, which they could’ve done since this is essentially a reboot after the last couple games didn’t do so well.

You should actually try the game yourself instead of correcting a statement I made about it. You seriously do this in any thread regardless if you’re even remotely interested in the subject. 

Dude, lighten up and drop the exaggerations.  I do not single out your posts in every thread.  I pointed out an observation in your statement and actually went and revised my verbiage because the first two attempts seemed kind of rude and crass.  It’s nice to know that regardless of what I write, you’re going to be a complete and utter fuckboy about it.  I’ll just save myself the time and not even bother, going forward.

I will get around to trying the game, sure.  But I still don’t get why you’re playing an M rated game about axing things in half when you’re going to showcase this much estrogen on the internet.  Good on the devs for reaching such a broad demographic this time around though.

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Posted this on the switch subreddit and no one seemed to care, but the Mega Man X Legacy Collection is up for PO on Amazon.

Not available on PS4 on amazon, and it doesn’t have the preorder discount. Amazon is gonna have a hard time moving games if they can’t sell them to 70+ million people. 

20 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Not available on PS4 on amazon, and it doesn’t have the preorder discount. Amazon is gonna have a hard time moving games if they can’t sell them to 70+ million people. 

Discount sometimes gets added in later, I didn't even look at PS4 though to see if it was available.