jayeffscene

What video games have you been playing?

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is $2.99 on PSN right now so I bought that. So stoked, it was one of the best parts of owning a PS3. Preordered the physical editions of Wonder Boy for Switch and PS4 yesterday, along with a physical copy of the Secret of Mana remake for PS4. I’ll probably buy Monster Hunter World on release as well. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I never got a Wii U so I’m fine with all these ports/remasters. Best part is definitely Kirby tho. My girlfriend and I are gonna have a blast with Kirby. 

Same on the Wii u front. I'm incredibly stoked. I also can't wait for those Bayonetta rereleases next month! I know what I'll be playing on vacation :)

Plus...Mario Tennis!!! Shit was my jam in HS.

Anyone who didn't fall into the Wii U trap owes it to themselves to play Tropical Freeze when it comes out, if you like that kind of game. It's a masterpiece in every way. I already own it and even the port makes me want to buy a Switch.  Really hoping this means there will be a follow-up next year.

6 hours ago, batman said:

Super stoked for Dark Souls Remastered. Will likely get it on PS4 and Switch. 

I'll definitely be grabbing it on switch.

Honestly I'll probably snag most of the stuff mentioned in the direct, but specifically Dark Souls, DK, Kirby, and Mario Tennis, and possibly Hyrule Warriors. Plus I'm stoked on Bayonetta 1&2 going to switch, and 3 coming out sometime, Metroid Prime 4 (and hopefully 1-3 remastered), Lost Sphear, Octopath Traveller (whatever that ends up being called), the Mega Man X collection,  and I'm personally pretty stoked about the Yoshi game too.

It'll take something really special to pull me away from the Switch back over to my PS4 for the near future.

I've been loving the Switch. I picked one up a few months ago before a vacation with a lot of travel time. I've kind of fallen out of gaming lately, but the Switch has pulled me right back in. I love being able to take it into work on a slow day and play some Mario Kart with coworkers. 

I've been playing tons of Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Golf Story, and Stardew Valley. I've got some Gamestop credit, so I might pick up Xenoblade Chronicles next. 

I'm also excited for the ports of all the great Wii U games I missed. It's such a smart move on Nintendo's part to rerelease them now that the Switch is such a hit. I need Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze!

17 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

We got a Switch for Christmas.  I'm planning on picking up SF2 in the next week or so.  I need to relive the Early 90s.  I'll even put a couple quarters up against my TV screen while I play.

I'd hold out if I were you and just get the SF collection they're releasing.