What video games have you been playing?

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Seriously didn't expect to like it this much. It's fantastic. A strong contender for my favorite fighting game. Ever.

Totally ready for this game on Tuesday!

It's so solid. They took a lot of care with it to make sure it's fun to just pick up and go if you've never played a fighting game, but also made it extensively deep for serious players. All the characters are fun to play, and it's mind boggling thinking about how any different teams and combos you could string together.

Been getting my ass kicked online in MvC3. Yeesh! How are people this good at a game that only just came out?

At least you can get on at all, I haven't been able to even connect on XBL. Apparently I'm not the only one either.

I haven't been able to play a single multiplayer match yet. As much fun as I'm having I'm getting ready to ditch this game. What's the point if I can't play against my friends online.

I haven't been able to play a single multiplayer match yet. As much fun as I'm having I'm getting ready to ditch this game. What's the point if I can't play against my friends online.
While online multiplayer is crucial to a modern fighter, this game is meant to be played with your friends in the same room as you. Preferably within the reach of a good punch or two, should things turn sour for you mid-round. Ha!

Its fun to play online, but so much better to call a couple friends over. Also no matter how good your connection is, online lags slightly. All of that said, I'm sure the online system is just bogged down due to the game being so new. I'd give it another week or two before completely giving up on it.

While online multiplayer is crucial to a modern fighter, this game is meant to be played with your friends in the same room as you. Preferably within the reach of a good punch or two, should things turn sour for you mid-round. Ha!

Its fun to play online, but so much better to call a couple friends over. Also no matter how good your connection is, online lags slightly. All of that said, I'm sure the online system is just bogged down due to the game being so new. I'd give it another week or two before completely giving up on it.

Oh without question but seeing as I just moved a few days ago and all my friends are now hours away a big part of the reason I picked this up was so I could play them online.

So I am playing Dante's Inferno. As you probably could have guessed if you've never played it, it is completely ridiculous. Also playing through Red Dead again, trying to 100% it this time while waiting for Bayonetta and Darkstalkers to come in the mail.

Thinking about starting Amnesia: The Dark Descent this weekend. Anyone played that?

Oh without question but seeing as I just moved a few days ago and all my friends are now hours away a big part of the reason I picked this up was so I could play them online.
Yeah that's a bummer. My brother, like your friends, lives a few states away. We've been trying to play Little Big Planet 2 online and it's been suffering some serious lag as a result of the game being new. So I can sympathize with that. It will get better. I remember when Super Street Fighter IV first came out, I had major issues getting in to a match and now it works flawlessly.

I will say, though, that the matchmaking system in MvC3 is kind of stupid compared to SSFIV's elegant interface. Not sure why they didn't just port it.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting deep in to Mass Effect 2. Somehow I'm at 20 hours. Don't know it's been that long. I love that Americans are finally figuring out how to make decent RPGs. JRPGs are great but they lose a lot in translation.

Also just got Pokémon Black Version. Seems pretty nice. The interface is really streamlined, which I like. The game's always been good, but sometimes when you spend hours and hours at it, the interface being a little clunky can get annoying. Got my wife the White Version. It's been since my brother and I got Blue and Red that I had access to both variants at the same time.

Guest naytoid

Playing NBA Jam like crazy the last few days, it's so much fun. I like how it's basically an updated version of the original and not like the Xbox version trying something different. I love playing it and all of the unlockable characters are great, Beastie Boys!