Sigur Ros "In A Frozen Sea" boxset

I got this and if you look at how much "()" goes for on ebay and their second album, this is a lot better buy for 150 bucks. I'm quite happy with it after I got it about a month or so ago. Sounds good, looks good...if you have the money to spend and this is something you want I'd say buy it. However, I usually could give 2 shits if the art is good, split seams on records', other garbage that people get migraines over...so maybe some shouldn't listen to my opinion. I just like to hear the damn record after all is said and done.

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=23781&page=1

For those who are interested in the consensus of the Sigur Ros fanatics.

I take all of the negatives with a grain of salt. There were a lot of people complaining that the didn't have the accent mark on the "O". Give me a break. I think I'll still end up buying this someday.

i should probably state that i don't actually own it; my only experience with it has come from hanging out and listening to it/looking at it with my brother. he already owns () and Takk on LP, but he loves the book. from what i've seen of it, there doesn't appear to be any reason not to. but i'm sure the fanatics have their reasons.

i've got this

[image]

i'd say it's worth it to easily get all of Sigur Ros' albums (except Von and the remix album) on vinyl. The photobook is pretty cool too.

FWIW, the packaging did look a little flimsy so I just keep the records outside of the sleeve "pages"

My other question is does it have the song from the bonus 10" from the Takk set? I have 3xLP Takk record, so I don't know if I'd have to keep that.

yes, the track (Milano, i think) on the 10" from the Takk vinyl is included on the boxset.

I'm loving it, I really don't care what the rabid fans have to say about it.

Personally I think it is a beautiful set, and given that I've wanted all the albums on vinyl but didn't want to pay ebay prices.

The book does seem a little cheaply made, and feels that it could come apart is mis handled, but then again, I just have to take care and it will be good to go.

Bottom line, I would say get it. In the end the facts remain.

A) You get the albums you want in One set for less than you'd spend on Ebay

B) The records are 180 Grams

C) In the end it's beautiful music that you will enjoy forever.

Didn't someone post a thread about this box set a couple months ago saying that their brother ordered it and got one of the 50 signed copies? That would be an epic mail day.

yeah, that was my brother. it's pretty pimp. i know i took pictures, but i can't find them anywhere.

Didn't someone post a thread about this box set a couple months ago saying that their brother ordered it and got one of the 50 signed copies? That would be an epic mail day.

yeah, that was my brother. it's pretty pimp. i know i took pictures, but i can't find them anywhere.

I remember being stupid with jealousy when I read that. Still kinda am.