Most Ridiculous Release on Vinyl this year...

I do believe the award goes to...

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade Deluxe Edition LP

$54.99

This special edition of The Black Parade features a slip-case box, two 15-page books and 2 triple gatefold sleeves. Only 2,500 made! 4 records included.

-You know it's a bunch of kids who know NOTHING about vinyl buying these up. $55 bucks for this bullshit?

I know it didn't come out this year, but I think the two year winner needs to be:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=36308

Say what you will but $100 is too fucking much for an album that was so mediocre. Even the Discbox was only $80ppd.

A store near me had these for $40.

I know it didn't come out this year, but I think the two year winner needs to be:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=36308

Say what you will but $100 is too fucking much for an album that was so mediocre. Even the Discbox was only $80ppd.

Oh no, there's the $40 one:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=36307

Which is (according to the RHCP website)"4 super sounding regular weight records in 2 high quality double gatefold sleeves and housed in a beautiful slipcase box"

Not 180g, or anything just four records.

The Deluxe Art edition has:

"includes two 16-page booklets for "Jupiter" and "Mars" bound with blue and red thread, 4 180 Gram High Performance Vinyl records each placed in individual art sleeves with audiophile inner sleeves." And costs $100.

Sorry RHCPs, I love your work but $100 for an 4xLP that could be trimmed to a single (good) record is a waste.

Oh no, there's the $40 one:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=36307

Which is (according to the RHCP website)"4 super sounding regular weight records in 2 high quality double gatefold sleeves and housed in a beautiful slipcase box"

Not 180g, or anything just four records.

The Deluxe Art edition has:

"includes two 16-page booklets for "Jupiter" and "Mars" bound with blue and red thread, 4 180 Gram High Performance Vinyl records each placed in individual art sleeves with audiophile inner sleeves." And costs $100.

Sorry RHCPs, I love your work but $100 for an 4xLP that could be trimmed to a single (good) record is a waste.

My bad.

Guest abravemorning

Did My Chemical Romance release a standard edition of that Black Parade LP? A local store has it for $20, but I haven't seen anything about a normal, cheaper pressing.

Guest scriptedrain
Did My Chemical Romance release a standard edition of that Black Parade LP? A local store has it for $20, but I haven't seen anything about a normal, cheaper pressing.

Yeah. It's out of 3,000, I think.

I used to be a hardcore RHCP fan in high school...like totally gung-ho for them...I was ecstactic when John Frusciante re-joined the band for 'Californication'...I was torn between that and 'The Fragile' as best albums (to me) of 1999...and then they out out 'By The Way'...evn though it had some ok songs, the album as a whole felt like a disappointment...they haven't been the same since...as I said already, 'Blood Sugar...' was their pinnacle...although 'Mother's Milk' and 'Uplift Mofo Party Plan' are very dear to my heart...

I actually prefer Hillel to John. As far as RHCP albums go.

Different styles for sure...Hillel definitely knew how to lay down the funk-style of guitar playing...whereas John came in with more of the 'metal' style...not literally speaking of course...but more as an approach...I could be wrong...

Oakland is probably more of the authority on John Frusciante around here...

I actually listened to the first disc of Stadium Arcadium today during work for the first time in well over a year. I used to be obsessed with it and it's not nearly as good as I remember it, but I'll straight out say that Wet Sand is probably one of the best songs I've heard in a very long time.

What about hore the band pizza?

I love the album...but the packaging is a bit over the top for sure...

1 10" pic disc housed in a custom pizza box with a pizza table and the liner notes on a pizza flyer.....its not as expensive/crappy as mcr or rhcp.....but damn if it isn't over the top...esp. For a smaller band...