NBA Discussion

fuck that

Yeah, fuck that, they should have won by 20. We'll see what happens when the Lake show travels to the mistake by the lake!

That game was awesome last nite. I was all worried Kobe was going to be out of the game when he hurt his hand at the beginning. He and Lebron both made some amazing plays and it was such a fun game to be at. They should have won by 20 for sure. They let them back in it towards the end but then pulled away again.

Goddamn! The Lakers have 72 at the half! Im guessing they will rest most of the starters for most of the 2nd half and wont end up coming close to 72 in the 2nd half. Also they are playing the Wizards but still, thats a ton of point in a half.

Anyone know what the most point in a half is?

I had to stop watching this game.

It's hard being a Wizards fan this year.

the funny thing is, if gilbert could have stayed healthy these past few years, there's no reason the wizards couldn't have been one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the east.

but without him, they are absolutely horrid.

There is no way that one player would make the Wizards competitive with teams like the Celtics, Cavs, Orlando, Atlanta or Detroit. They would still be lucky to just make the playoffs

when hasn't it been hard being a wizards fan?

There are brief periods every now and again.

the funny thing is, if gilbert could have stayed healthy these past few years, there's no reason the wizards couldn't have been one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the east.

I don't know about being top 3 or 4, but when everyone was healthy and they were scoring tons of points they were definately a much better team. And much more fun to watch.

Goddamn! The Lakers have 72 at the half! Im guessing they will rest most of the starters for most of the 2nd half and wont end up coming close to 72 in the 2nd half. Also they are playing the Wizards but still, thats a ton of point in a half.

Anyone know what the most point in a half is?

I didn't even know they were playing. It was nice to see all the starters played no more than 28 minutes.

its cause the regular season in the nba doesn't mean a god damn thing, and everybody knows it.... every good team just wins enough games to make the playoffs and then from there it gets exciting, but the regular season is a joke since so many teams make the playoffs, and everybody knows who those teams are going to be at the beginning of the year anyway.

the thing is, i think it could be fixed SO easily.

1. retract 4 teams, 2 from each conference. that way there would be less shitty baskeball being played, and more good players on every team.

2. 6 teams make the playoffs from each conference, not 8. then the top 2 seeds get a bye, giving them incentive in the regular season instead of everybody coasting once they have a top 4 seed locked up and home court in the first round. also, you wouldn't have any 42-40 teams making the playoffs, which is a joke.

3. get rid of the "divisions" and just make the 6 best teams in each conference make the playoffs. seeding would be easier, and more realistic. you wouldn't have a 45-37 team hosting a 52-30 team because they were in a different division that just sucked.

Fucking Bynum again!

Kobe realized he needs to step his game up tho and went for 61 last nite in MSG for the most points ever scored in that building. Pretty amazing to watch. Even the Knicks fans were chanting MVP for Kobe and gave him a standing ovation and Spike Lee was high fiving him. Kobe made some plays last nite that were just ridiculous.

Fucking Bynum again!

Kobe realized he needs to step his game up tho and went for 61 last nite in MSG for the most points ever scored in that building. Pretty amazing to watch. Even the Knicks fans were chanting MVP for Kobe and gave him a standing ovation and Spike Lee was high fiving him. Kobe made some plays last nite that were just ridiculous.

What sold it was when Phil Jackson high-fived him.

Fucking Bynum again!

What sold it was when Phil Jackson high-fived him.

Oh yea I forgot about that. That really says something.

Thats so not a Phil type thing to do

Geico, now with even MORE marketing genius:

Sports are often made for TV. And TV is made for advertisers.

So it shouldn't surprise — especially as all sports are scrambling to find new places to hang "for sale" signs given the current economy — that the NBA's first H-O-R-S-E contest won't use those letters.

As that contest joins dunking and three-point shooting contests as part of TNT's NBA All-Star Weekend coverage, the as-yet unnamed three contestants — who'll be overseen by an NBA ref — will play G-E-I-C-O. As in the insurance company that will be the event's unavoidable sponsor. (Suggestion: The winner then takes on the famous ad lizard to really drive home the brand awareness.)