NBA Discussion

Lakers should handle the West pretty easily.

I wouldnt be so confident about the Cavs in the East tho. I think they are the best team over there but the Celtics are still really good and so is Orlando. I think the Cavs will beat Orlando for sure in the playoffs but Im not so sure about the Celtics. Garnett should be coming back soon. Kobe vs. LeBron finals would be awesome to watch tho.

Andrew Bynum said he should be back for the last two games of the regular season.

They are going to be VERY tough for anyone to beat 4 times in 7 games, especially once Bynum is back in the line up. Having him in there really helps Gasol's game too. When Gasol can play power forward hes much better then when hes trying to play center.

I hope the West puts up some competition so LA doesn't slide through. Denver and maybe Utah are the only teams I see giving them trouble although I hope my Hornets can come back full strength and surprise some people.

I agree, Denver and Utah will be the only tough competition

They should smash every other team in the West

Nice photo from Dwight's rookie season! Hey I think that this picture is more appropriate since this is 2009 and the Magic owned the Lakers on half the budget

Since when is winning two games by a combined 9 points "owning" anyone? The first win, by three in Orlando, was the second game of a back-to-back.

Don't forget Portland. They play them very tough! I hope that Dallas wins tonight so that Utah will fall to the 8th seed. I hate the Lakers!

In Portland they do but not in LA. And the Lakers' have home-court against everyone not Cleveland.

Nice photo from Dwight's rookie season! Hey I think that this picture is more appropriate since this is 2009 and the Magic owned the Lakers on half the budget

Since when is winning two games by a combined 9 points "owning" anyone? The first win, by three in Orlando, was the second game of a back-to-back.

Don't forget Portland. They play them very tough! I hope that Dallas wins tonight so that Utah will fall to the 8th seed. I hate the Lakers!

In Portland they do but not in LA. And the Lakers' have home-court against everyone not Cleveland.

I gotta talk shit about that photo since my boy shows it to me damn near weekly. Kobe did get him, no denying it. But I bet that he won't try that shit anymore. Dwight doesnt play timid in the lane like he did as a rookie.

I'll be honest. I think that the only team that can beat the lakers is the cavs. That is only because the Celtics arent healthy. If it's a battle of superstars, we all know who the mvp is this year. Lakers bench is kind of weak and they got no PG that can contain Williams.

I'll say that if Odom is playing his A game, the Lakers are unbeatable; however, he's too inconsistent.

I refuse to write the Lakers in, even though everybody else has.

Lakers bench is better that just about every other team in basketball.

Who the fuck has anyone even half as good as Odom coming off their bench?

True they dont have anyone who can contain Williams but I dont know many teams that do. Let Williams get his points and shut everyone else down and they win no problem. No team has anyone who can contain Kobe either and Ill take my chances with Kobe over Williams any day. Williams is good but I dont know that he has ever made it out of the first round.

Also fuck the Celtics and their health, everyone has injured players. Think the Finals last year might have gone a little differently with Bynum in the middle of the paint? Which also lets Gasol play his regular position where he can go out and dominate most other power forwards.

If the Lakers dont make it to the Finals its going to be a HUGE upset.

The only time Odom started all year, from what I remember, was when Bynum went down.

Id like to see Odom start tho. Kobe, Fish, Gasol, Odom, Bynum. Thats a killer starting 5. Their big stars havent been playing a ton of minutes all season either so by Playoff time they should be ready to go and put in the big minutes when it really counts.

Even being inconsistent, the Lakers bench is still better than most tho.

True they dont have anyone who can contain Williams but I dont know many teams that do. Let Williams get his points and shut everyone else down and they win no problem. No team has anyone who can contain Kobe either and Ill take my chances with Kobe over Williams any day. Williams is good but I dont know that he has ever made it out of the first round.

Also fuck the Celtics and their health, everyone has injured players. Think the Finals last year might have gone a little differently with Bynum in the middle of the paint? Which also lets Gasol play his regular position where he can go out and dominate most other power forwards.

I agree with you that it will be an upset if they do not make the finals.

However, I don't think that you can compare Bynum's injury to KG. KG is THAT important to the Celts. In my opinion, I think that the Lakers play better in certain circumstances without Bynum.

In regards to Williams, I think he will be the difference. He will have to be if the Cavs want to win. The Lakers arent going to give him his points. If anyone, Lebron is going to get his. If they stick Kobe on him, they will kind of cancel each other out. Ariza is good, (worst recent trade of the magic) but he ain't going to shut Lebron down.

Also in regards to the Cavs/Lakers, I'm concerned with the PF match up. I dont think the Cavs got an answer for Gasol or Odom., but I feel good about the Center match up. Big Z can play decent defense and Bynum don't want to guard him on the 3.

I agree with you that it will be an upset if they do not make the finals.

However, I don't think that you can compare Bynum's injury to KG. KG is THAT important to the Celts. In my opinion, I think that the Lakers play better in certain circumstances without Bynum.

In regards to Williams, I think he will be the difference. He will have to be if the Cavs want to win. The Lakers arent going to give him his points. If anyone, Lebron is going to get his. If they stick Kobe on him, they will kind of cancel each other out. Ariza is good, (worst recent trade of the magic) but he ain't going to shut Lebron down.

Also in regards to the Cavs/Lakers, I'm concerned with the PF match up. I dont think the Cavs got an answer for Gasol or Odom., but I feel good about the Center match up. Big Z can play decent defense and Bynum don't want to guard him on the 3.

I agree that Garnett is MUCH more important to his team than Bynum but having Bynum in there gives them another big body in the middle and lets Gasol play his regular position where he doesnt have to get in there and bang around as much.

Kobe wont be guarding Williams, who ever is playing point will be guarding him. Thats just a waste of energy for Kobe. Kobe most likely will be guarding LeBron while he is in there and Ariza when Kobes on the bench. LeBron will get his no matter what but so will Kobe. Thats more of a trade off.

For PF Ill take Odom and Gasol any day over anyone on the Cavs. Varejao (spelling?) cant hang with either of them and Im assuming thats who he will be matched up with. Big Z and Bynum is a pretty even trade off at the center.

Lakers and Cavs would be the best match up for the Finals. I think that will really come down to the roll players in that series cause Kobe and LeBron are both going to get theirs. Its if Bynum and Odom and Farmar and Fish and Ariza can come up big is whats going to decide that series. (if it happens)

Kobe wont be guarding Williams, who ever is playing point will be guarding him. Thats just a waste of energy for Kobe. Kobe most likely will be guarding LeBron while he is in there and Ariza when Kobes on the bench. LeBron will get his no matter what but so will Kobe. Thats more of a trade off.

Yeah, I was meaning Lebron. I wasn't too clear on that.

Lakers and Cavs would be the best match up for the Finals. I think that will really come down to the roll players in that series cause Kobe and LeBron are both going to get theirs. Its if Bynum and Odom and Farmar and Fish and Ariza can come up big is whats going to decide that series. (if it happens)

Stern would shit his pants over that match up!

I'm still holding out hope that the Magic can somehow make it, but it aint likely. I just hope that someone can run with the Lakers and make this thing interesting. No disrespect to you and Sammy, but I'm hoping that someone can beat them in the West. I would love to see Portland do it. Brandon Roy is a monster.

Yeah, I was meaning Lebron. I wasn't too clear on that.

Stern would shit his pants over that match up!

I'm still holding out hope that the Magic can somehow make it, but it aint likely. I just hope that someone can run with the Lakers and make this thing interesting. No disrespect to you and Sammy, but I'm hoping that someone can beat them in the West. I would love to see Portland do it. Brandon Roy is a monster.

Yea the Kobe/LeBron match up is always fun to watch.

The Magic are good. If they get hot who knows what could happen. Its not likely that they would beat the Cavs or Celtics but its definitely not impossible.

And dude, I definitely dont take it personally that you want my team to lose haha. I want every other team to lose except my team. I talk shit about the Dodgers and Yankees all the time in the MLB thread but its in no way any disrespect to anyone who is a fan of those teams that post here.

Cool man!

Yeah, I'm still worried that the Magic will get the Pistons in the first round. If that's the case they are going fishing early this year. That matchup is the definition of being owned.

Well it looks like there is a chance now that the Lakers are going to play Utah in the first round. That will be an interesting first round series as well.

Cool man!

Yeah, I'm still worried that the Magic will get the Pistons in the first round. If that's the case they are going fishing early this year. That matchup is the definition of being owned.

Well it looks like there is a chance now that the Lakers are going to play Utah in the first round. That will be an interesting first round series as well.

I dont know much about the Magic/Pistons match up but Iverson is out and I hate that team so Im hoping they lose.

Utah is one team Im actually a little worried about. Im hoping to not have to see them at all in the playoffs. I think the Lakers will take care of them tho.

Yeah there are some point categories that are pretty close. I'm happy with my season whether I win or not though.

By the way, what the fuck is wrong with ESPN analysists (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=MVP09)? I'm not arguing CP3 should be MVP since Lebron clearly deserves it but why the fuck would you say CP doesn't deserve an MVP because of a lack of supporting roster, a bad team and a season full of injuries when they are in the west with 50 wins and a chance to be anywhere between 4-7 seed.

They suck D-wades dick when he's the only offensive threat on their team (NO has 2 allstars) and they have a bad record in a bad eastern conference.

Bullshit.