NBA Discussion

What I don't get is, the same reasoning they're talking about D-Wade as the MVP are the reasons they ruled Kobe out a few years ago. Seems they praise Wade for the work he's doing in a sub-par East when they reviled Kobe for doing the same work in a tough, tough West.

Its pretty insane that Kobe only has 1 MVP. He could get it just about every year and there wouldnt be much to argue against that. Hes been the best player just about every year since he was a rookie.

As of this year I think Kobe and LeBron are pretty neck and neck as far as best over all player in the league tho.

What I don't get is, the same reasoning they're talking about D-Wade as the MVP are the reasons they ruled Kobe out a few years ago. Seems they praise Wade for the work he's doing in a sub-par East when they reviled Kobe for doing the same work in a tough, tough West.

Its pretty insane that Kobe only has 1 MVP. He could get it just about every year and there wouldnt be much to argue against that. Hes been the best player just about every year since he was a rookie.

As of this year I think Kobe and LeBron are pretty neck and neck as far as best over all player in the league tho.

What's more nuts is Steve Nash has more MVP awards than Shaq.

What's more nuts is Steve Nash has more MVP awards than Shaq.

haha No kidding...and Kobe too.

I'm picking Hornets/Lakers for the WCF. I think this is actually the best position for the Hornets as the Spurs, Mavs and Nuggets are all very beatable.

I guess I'll put Cleveland and LA in the finals with LA winning.

yeah, I keep going back and forth on that Hornets/Nuggets match up. You got any inside scoop on Chandler?

He's supposed to play and be full strength. He played the last game against the Spurs and put up 10 points and a few boards in a quick 20 minutes. I'm kind of worried about the matchup against Nene but I think we have the upper hand on him and Kenyon Martin to get good inside looks. Peja has been ice cold and will probably have to guard Melo. I think Butler will come up big and Posey and the rest of the bench have to step it up. Both benches are pretty weak overall.

Anyone watch Game 1 of the NO-DEN series? Extremely physical. I wouldn't be surprised if the shit hit the fan sometime in the next few games.

Also: I can't believe how much Chris Paul flops! I haven't had a chance to see him play much this season, but he's all over the floor like a young Vlade Divac.

haha Vlade was the king of that. I havent noticed Chris Paul doing that much but I dont see him play very often.

Saw highlights from all the games and some were VERY good games, I was out of town and missed all the games so far. Glad the Lakers won. Hopefully Houston can knock Portland out. Im scared of them, the Lakers have lost to them in 7 straight games in Portland. If the Lakers can beat Utah as Im sure they will (Phil Jackson has never lost a playoff series after winning game 1) and the Rockets knock out Portland I think the Lakers should make it to the Finals pretty easily.

Garnett is most likely going to be out the rest of the way right? I thought I heard that on Sportscenter. Still getting caught up on everything Ive missed. If thats the case then the Cavs should have no problem making the Finals.

^

Your signature ruined my childhood love of basketball.

And the inconsistent/horrible play of the Jazz lately has been ruining my early adulthood love of that team.

Jazz need to trade AK47 and something to get a bigger body and let Boozer walk for free agency. They're not a big enough team, in my opinion.

^

Your signature ruined my childhood love of basketball.

And the inconsistent/horrible play of the Jazz lately has been ruining my early adulthood love of that team.

Jazz need to trade AK47 and something to get a bigger body and let Boozer walk for free agency. They're not a big enough team, in my opinion.

And their center is out right now. Plus getting the Lakers in the first round kinda sucks for them too. They dont have much hope.